Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question JomSocial Kunena Groups Plug-in

More
12 years 11 months ago #1 by meep
How is this plug-in supposed to work?

I think I've set it up corretly.

When I create a new group in Jomsocial, a new equivalent category is created in Kuena.

However, subsequently creating a discussion in the group does not enter anything in the Kunena forum or creating a discussion in Kunena is not reflected in Jomsocial group.

Is it supposed to do anything apart from the initial category creation?

Thanks

Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #2 by havocwreaker
Subscribed, I am wondering the same thing myself.

More
12 years 10 months ago #3 by tessak22
Also wondering the same thing.

More
12 years 10 months ago #4 by woonydanny

tessak22 wrote: Also wondering the same thing.

+1

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #5 by aionor
look like no one going to answer :(
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by aionor.

More
12 years 10 months ago #6 by geoparadise
Same questions, come on support, show some light on our lives... what is the point of releasing a new plugin if there is no documentation or support and it doesn't have any useful functionality? At least an answer to know what are the reasons for the lack of info would be appreciated, pleeease!

Thanks in advance!

Noa

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #7 by xillibit
Hello,

1°) You need to configure the plugin in the right way, just hover the title on the left you will see a explanation :

2°) Create a new group in Jomsocial, don't forget t ocheck the box : "Forums : Allow members to use group forums." and choose the right category where you have enabled linking between Kunena and Jomscial :

3°) Then you will see a enw category created under Kunena where all discussions created in the previous group will be added :

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by xillibit.

More
12 years 10 months ago #8 by aionor
Thanks for your reply, but I'm afraid we need more clarifications about what this plugin does.
Is it possible to have Kunena forums inside JomSocial groups, or all it does is to copy newly created discussions and groups into Kunena Forum.
Also, I tried mapping JomSocial group general category 1 to desired Kunena category ID and it doesnt work.
Please give us more instructions about this mapping and how to know which kunena category # should be entered. I tried entering category ID and it doesnt work.

More
12 years 9 months ago #9 by MikeMikeMike
I'm also confused

...subscribing

I have no jomsocial groups. What is the BEST route for setting this up from scratch?

Do I create a new forum in kunena called "Community Groups"

Then as new groups are created, their discussions are put into this forum?

Or does it create a new forum for each group?

I don't want to mess with it till I have an overview of what this plugin actually does... not just how to set it up. I don't know what I'm setting up if I don't know what it does.

More
12 years 9 months ago #10 by Matias
I give a quick answer:

Plugin does nothing else than creates a new category to Kunena when someone enables forum feature inside a group. Access control is handled inside Kunena by setting Integration > Access control = JomSocial. Only users who are members of the group can see the forum category and group admins act as moderators.

That's basically all that the plugin does. Nothing more.

You can use default Kunena category to catch all JomSocial categories. If you leave everything else empty, it should create a category every into that Kunena section/category ID you entered.

Time to create page: 0.647 seconds