Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question JomSocial and Kunena Profile Integration

More
13 years 4 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #1 by Neocold
Hey there everyone, I finally got tired of waiting for JomSocial and Kunena to play nice and make their profiles truly integrate so I took the time to do it myself.

What I have done is made a hack to allow you to update your Kunena profile info within your JomSocial profile. The fields that are in JomSocial by default (gender, birthdate, websiteurl) are automatically carried over to your Kunena profile without requiring you to change them on a separate page.

This means that you can finally edit the info that appears below your avatar on Kunena forums and your signature without editing two separate profiles.

The latest version of my hack is always applied to my website www.ColdSystems.net and you may create a free account and try it out before paying for a subscription.

Maker of:
JomSocial and Kunena Profile Integration
JomSocial and Kunena Karma Integration
Both are available at my website.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Neocold.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Azure

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #2 by Neocold
Updated to Version 2.0 which supports Kunena 1.6.1

Maker of:

• C0n
  • Premium Member
  • Only the strongest will survive
More
13 years 4 months ago #3 by C0n
Awsome!! :3

More
13 years 4 months ago #4 by Neocold
Updated to Version 2.1 for Kunena 1.6.1

While working on another problem I noticed that Kunena removed all the icons from 1.5.X that used to be displayed on the forums when they released version 1.6.

2.1 Only adds a file and instructions to include ALL profile icons (Twitter, Facebook, Myspace, etc.) to be displayed below your avatar on the forums. Screenshots are available on my website.

View screenshots, and download at coldsystems.net/softwarecode/jkpi

Maker of:

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #5 by michaell
Hi, I downloaded and followed all instructions but still not seeing the integration happening.
I have Joomla 1.5.22, Kunena 1.6.1, and JS 2.02 (this might be the reason).
Any chance you could have a look?
I can't afford much but would be willing to pay.

Many thanks!
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by michaell.

More
13 years 4 months ago #6 by Neocold
Michaell, I sent you a private message

Maker of:

• C0n
  • Premium Member
  • Only the strongest will survive
More
13 years 4 months ago #7 by C0n

Neocold wrote: Updated to Version 2.1 for Kunena 1.6.1

While working on another problem I noticed that Kunena removed all the icons from 1.5.X that used to be displayed on the forums when they released version 1.6.

2.1 Only adds a file and instructions to include ALL profile icons (Twitter, Facebook, Myspace, etc.) to be displayed below your avatar on the forums. Screenshots are available on my website.

View screenshots, and download at coldsystems.net/softwarecode/jkpi

Does anyone know if this works with the latest kunena 1.5 ?

More
13 years 4 months ago #8 by Neocold
C0n,

Im sorry to report that the only ones that will work are Gender, Birthdate, Location, Website, ICQ, AIM, YIM, MSN, SKYPE, GTALK but those already appear on 1.5 as they are built in (though on my site at least the ICQ one is bugged and does not show a image).

The other icons such as Twitter, Facebook, Myspace will not work in 1.5 because there is no database value, or icons in the template. Aside from that the files in 1.6 are drastically different from 1.5 making this part of my hack not work on 1.5

here is a screen of my 1.5 layout with all fields filled in:

Maker of:

More
13 years 4 months ago #9 by Azure
I too have followed the instructions to the letter and the 'profile' link back to Kunena within the Jomsocial area is not functioning because it sends me back to my JS profile page. In fact, I have un-installed then reinstalled the files twice now with the same results. The crazy thing is, I did have it working for a brief period yesterday, so I reckon there's a plugin or a configuration setting that I changed that is causing this problem.

As with michaell, I have similar versions installed.

michaell wrote: Hi, I downloaded and followed all instructions but still not seeing the integration happening (at salonchat.net, under const.).
I have Joomla 1.5.22, Kunena 1.6.1, and JS 2.02 (this might be the reason).
Any chance you could have a look?
I can't afford much but would be willing to pay.

Many thanks!

"Do or do not, there is no try..."

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #10 by Neocold
Azure,

Please check your Template settings in JomSocial. Go to Components >> JomSocial >> Configurations >> Layout and in the upper left below the menu where you selected Layout check which template you have set.

If your template is not set to default then you MIGHT need to adjust my installation instructions accordingly for the template you are using.
[strike]
If the template were set to default you would be replacing your **/components/com_community/templates/default/profile.edit.php with my included version of it. If you are not using the default template you need to follow the instructions for MANUALLY inserting the required code into that file in the appropriate template directory.[/strike] <<Wrong info, sorry :blink:

You also need to Add files:
forumsettings.php
forumsettingsinsert.php
fsi2.php
to **/components/com_community/templates/default/ where default again would be the appropriate template directory.

If you are indeed using the default template and the hack is still not working let me know.

As for Kunena 1.6.1 and JS 2.0.2 I have verified that this hack works with those versions by fixing the problem Michaell was having with the above solution.

I will update my installation instructions to note this.

Maker of:
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Neocold.

Time to create page: 0.711 seconds