×
Blue Eagle (1.5.0) for K5.1 is released (20 Jul 2018)

Please update the Kunena Blue Eagle to 1.5.0 if you use Kunena 5.1.
We made several bug fixes and improvements. Also Blue Eagle has now all the features from Crypsis.
Download: www.kunena.org/download/templates/category/blue-eagle-5

× This is not a support forum for JomSocial or its related products. For JomSocial support you should visit JomSocial .

The information given in this category is intended to guide users who want to use JomSocial with Kunena and, mostly, was written by Kunena users. The information here is not necessarily accurate, up-to-date nor is it intended to replace the support given by the developers of JomSocial.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Jomsocial Menu bar - remove "Forum" or edit the drop down.

More
4 years 3 months ago #1 by swimd
i want to remove the menu item "Forum" that magically appears with no related setting to turn it off. i have been researching for hours, and tearing apart kunena source files in hopes to find this solution and have not.

it seems this issue was solved 2 years ago, www.kunena.org/forum/k-2-0-miscellaneous...he-jomsocial-toolbar

HOWEVER- this does not currently apply. it says to simply "Edit the kunenamenu plugin" on the second page of the topic, and it solves the issue. however, in current Kunena, there is no such plugin, however the effect of the plugin still exists. how can we remove or edit this magically appearing menu item in the jomsocial menu?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
I think that the reason you have not received a reply to your question is because we do not know anything about your website. I suggest that you read the notice at the top of this page:

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

You should also read the sticky topic in this category, To what extent does K 3.0 support Jomsocial .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #3 by swimd
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Joomla default template details : AS 002054 Free | author: AS Designing | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.5 | creationdate: 2014-03-09

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.5 | 2014-03-09 [ Invecchiato ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
| Kunena integration settings:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Third-party components: Jomsocial 3.2.0.1 Pro

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.3 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.3

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #4 by swimd
see now i understand you want ot see a configuration report, however, it is unnecessary. i have mixed a large array of kunena versions as low as 1.0 and joomla 1-3, and when installed, with NO SETTINGS CHANGED, this "forum" menu automatically appears on all toolbars, jomsocial, and regular home, uninvited. it is not editable, nor found on the menus themselves in the menu editors. just as the previous post has stated, it is not found anywhere. the previous poster found the solution, however, the file accosiated with the solution is not found in any current kunena updates. SO, it is not jomsocial, nor joomla, but a kunena issue, as no matter what extension or what menu's you create, "FORUM" appears on them all automatically, only and only when "Kunena Forum" extension is enable. i tried shutting others down and only this exact extension name activates this "forum" menu item accross all menus within joomla

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #5 by swimd
the 2.xx kunena has the "kunenamenu plugin" listed in plugin manager, and gives you access to turn this menu item off. However, current 3.xx does not have this plugin showing, giving no access to turn this unwanted feature off.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #6 by sozzled
Uninstall the two plugins JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.3 and JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.3 and then you will not have any problems. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #7 by swimd
i know it sounds simple and that easy- HOWEVER - like ive stated, those plugins do not appear in either modules, extensions, or plugins. i have searched, i have browsed each one, they are no where to be found.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #8 by sozzled
Do you require professional assistance to visit your site to carry out a detailed examination and fix your problems?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #9 by swimd
professional assistance would not be necessary since this issue would be had with anyone who downloads kunena- i tried this all with fresh installs, no configuration changed. it happens everytime. it is a default setting in kunena, that older versions gave the option to remove, and the new versions do not. so there has to be a way to turn it off. i am running kunena 3.0.5 not 2.xxx so your previous solutions do not work in 3.xx is what i am trying to say. a fix needs to be made for 3.xx! anyone will have this issue! most won't care since it can be a useful menu, however, i do not want it. old versions you can just 'flip a switch' why can you not in 3.xx!!??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #10 by sozzled

swimd wrote: ... it is a default setting in kunena, that older versions gave the option to remove ...

I disagree. When you say "older versions" I do not know what you mean. As far as I know, the feature you refer to is controlled by the plugin JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.3. If you uninistall that plugin then there should be no Forum tab in JomSocial. The plugin adds the Forum tab to your JomSocial menu.

Do you require professional help to diagnose why you cannot uninistall the plugin JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.3?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds