Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is not a support forum for JomSocial or its related products. For JomSocial support you should visit JomSocial .

The information given in this category is intended to guide users who want to use JomSocial with Kunena and, mostly, was written by Kunena users. The information here is not necessarily accurate, up-to-date nor is it intended to replace the support given by the developers of JomSocial.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question JomSocial plugin integration and tagging

More
9 years 11 months ago #1 by lewism
Howdy,

I recently upgraded our JomSocial to 3.2 which now does user tagging. I was trying it in the Kunena (3.0.5) forums on our Joomla 3.2 site but it doesn't work.

So, I searched the net, found nothing then searched here and only found one post.

Does anyone know if tagging works using the integration plugin or is this something that JS will have to come up with or is it something that Kunena will eventually update?

Thanks much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
Didn't you ask something like this before (about :user tagging", I mean)?

www.kunena.org/forum/154-Miscellaneous-o...s-posted-on-my-forum
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 11 months ago #3 by lewism
Not really. The time I asked was before there was any such feature so I was trying to figure out if JS or kunena might have that coming.

Now, JS does have it but it doesn't seem to work with Kunena so this time, I am trying to figure out if it might be the integration plugin or something else so that I can know who to ask for help.

More
9 years 11 months ago #4 by lewism
Just got a reply from JomSocial support so I guess it's their plugin that will get this working with kunena.

Though, I'm not sure why he references this site as well.

>About kunena issue, we still doing on kunena integration with jomsocial since
>kunena developer stopped develop this plugins to integrated with jomsocial
>(since kunena ver 3 if i'm not wrong) you can see this compabilty on kunena site :)

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #5 by sozzled

lewism wrote: Just got a reply from JomSocial support so I guess it's their plugin that will get this working with kunena.

Which plugin is that?

lewism wrote: ... though, I'm not sure why he references this site as well.

>About kunena issue, we still doing on kunena integration with jomsocial since
>kunena developer stopped develop this plugins to integrated with jomsocial
>(since kunena ver 3 if i'm not wrong) you can see this compabilty on kunena site :)

There is no "compability on kunena site" (whatever that reference relates to) concerning user tagging or the business activities used at www.kunena.org which has not used JomSocial in software here for nearly two years.

Insofar as the interoperability of JomSocial with Kunena is concerned (as provided by the Kunena - JomSocial integration plugin), the Kunena team intends to maintain the existing level of integration as best as possible; there are no plans to extend the level of integration should JomSocial incorporate new features into their product. Insofar as the continued interoperability of Kunena with JomSocial is concerned, I refer you to the topic To what extent does K 3.0 support Jomsocial .

lewism wrote: I recently upgraded our JomSocial to 3.2 which now does user tagging.

I, personally, am unaware of this feature, how it works or what it does. Perhaps another member of the community can offer us some insight into the potential usefulness of this JomSocial feature.

It's very difficult figuring out what this topic relates to. Either this topic relates to user tagging in JomSocial (in which case it has little to do with Kunena but you're still welcome to ask) or it does not. If you are seeking to extend your discussion about user tagging within Kunena I must refer you to the questions you asked last time - there has been no change in that area and that is why I asked my question in msg #2.

If you are asking a question about the operation of JomSocial features within Kunena, Kunena relies on the Kunena - JomSocial forum integration plugin for those things.

If you are having a problem with using JomSocial with your forum - and we can identify this as a Kunena issue - that's what this forum here (at www.kunena.org ) is for. I remind you that this is a forum category for users of JomSocial and Kunena to help one another; I personally do not use JomSocial and I am only trying to help moderate the discussion in order to best help you find the answer(s) that you're looking for. :)

More
9 years 11 months ago #6 by lewism
>If you are asking a question about the operation of JomSocial features within
>Kunena, Kunena relies on the Kunena - JomSocial forum integration plugin for
>those things.

Yes, that's what I was asking about. I was trying to find out who maintain this plugin, kunena or jomsocial. I think JS already confirmed that they are needing to update this plugin.

As for what tagging is, the new JS supports user tagging, similar to Facebook. When a user types @some_user_name, they receive a notice about the mention. Very useful.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #7 by sozzled
*** Topic moved ***

Now that I understand the question better, I ask you again to read To what extent does K 3.0 support Jomsocial

The Kunena team maintains the Kunena - JomSocial integration plugin.

The plugin has 8 settings as shown in the image (reproduced below):

There is no setting (or support for) user tagging in this plugin.

I understand (and have some sympathy for your interest in) user tagging - I believe I expressed that in the topic I referred to in msg #2 earlier - but this does not change the situation nor am I, personally, able to offer you any further insight.

As far as I am aware "user tagging" (however it's done in other Joomla extensions) is not yet a feature of Kunena. However "user tagging" may be done with JomSocial, that's something other users of JomSocial will have to advise you as to whether you can achieve some user tagging capability for your forum needs.

Good luck. :)

More
9 years 11 months ago #8 by woonydanny
would be super cool to be able to tag users in kunena forum.

whether this is done by the kunena team updating their integration plugin or through jomsocial team somehow, but either way would be good addition to have.

so would be good for kunena and jomsocial to talk to each other to find out how this could be achieved.

:):)

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

More
9 years 11 months ago #9 by sozzled
Would be super cool if we could pay someone the $1,000 it's going to cost to develop the feature, too? ;)

More
9 years 11 months ago #10 by lewism
Bait bait bait... yeesh, sure gets old.

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds