Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is not a support forum for JomSocial or its related products. For JomSocial support you should visit JomSocial .

The information given in this category is intended to guide users who want to use JomSocial with Kunena and, mostly, was written by Kunena users. The information here is not necessarily accurate, up-to-date nor is it intended to replace the support given by the developers of JomSocial.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Kunena's posts not displaying in JomSocial properly out of box...

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #1 by ComposerRyan
Hi Kunena team,

So far, I'm loving Kunena and it has been the easiest component to use out of all of the components I have installed! :D

But there is just one small problem: for some reason, the links in my user's JomSocial profiles for the "Communtiy - My Kunena Updates" plugin are incorrect and display like this:

mysite.com/component/kunena/?func=view&catid=3&id=1415#1415

when they should look something like this:

mysite.com/forum/contributors-forum/32-apply-for-forum-moderator-position

Any ideas how to fix this? I believe the problem lies within these lines of code of the plugins/community/kunena/kunena.php file:
Code:
<?php foreach ($items as $item ){ $fbURL = JRoute::_("index.php?option=com_kunena&amp;func=view".$fbItemid."&amp;catid=" . $item->catid . "&amp;id=" . $item->id . "#" . $item->id); $fbCatURL = JRoute::_("index.php?option=com_kunena".$fbItemid."&amp;func=showcat&amp;catid=" . $item->catid); $postDate = new JDate($item->time); ?>

Thanks for your help!

Btw, here are my complete specifications:

Joomla 3.1.5
JomSocial 3.1.0.1
Kunena 3.0.2
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by ComposerRyan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled

ComposerRyan wrote: The links in my user's JomSocial profiles for the "Communtiy - My Kunena Updates" plugin are incorrect ...

I do not want to to be waiting an indefinitely ling time for an answer but, for the reasons explained in To what extent does K 3.0 support JomSocial , the Kunena team does not maintain the Community - My Kunena Updates plugin.

ComposerRyan wrote: Btw, here are my complete specifications

I think that it may be possible you have overlooked the reason why the URL links display in the strange manner that they do (aside from the fact that some of that PHP code looks suspiciously as though it was designed for an ancient version of Kunena, e.g. references to "$fbfiles"), but if you want to provide us with "complete specifications", please watch the video vimeo.com/69818669 . Are you sure that you have properly implemented Joomla SEO?

More
10 years 1 month ago #3 by ComposerRyan
Yes, the SEF URLs are working for all other components just fine (or appear to be working.)

By the way, here is my config file:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : starwars | author: Ryan Thomas | version: 3.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.2 | creationdate: 2013-08-18

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.2 | 2013-08-18 [ Nocturne ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 3.1.0.1 | UddeIM 3.2

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.3 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.3 | JomSocial - Kunena Groups 2.0.3

Modules: None

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
Thank you for posting your more complete site details.

The most likely reasons that you are having problems are:

(a) using the Blue Eagle template designed for K 2.0; we recommend that you use the K 3.0.4 Blue Eagle template instead;

(b) the plugins JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.3, JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.3 and JomSocial - Kunena Groups 2.0.3 do not work with K 3.0.4 and you should uninstall them or contact JomSocial to obtain the newer versions of those things that they wrote that (we understand) do work with K 3.0.4; and

(c) update to K 3.0.4 because K 3.0.2 is out-of-date and nearly 100 problems have been fixed since K 3.0.2 - the version you are using - was released several months ago.

You may also want to change the integration plugin settings to the values shown in red below:

Kunena - AlphaUserPoints Disabled
Kunena - Community Builder Disabled
Kunena - Gravatar Disabled
Kunena - JomSocial Enabled: access=0 login=1 activity=1 avatar=1 profile=1 private=1 activity_points_limit=0 activity_stream_limit=150
Kunena - Joomla Enabled: access=1 login=0
Kunena - Kunena Enabled: avatar=0 profile=0
Kunena - UddeIM Disabled
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds