Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is not a support forum for JomSocial or its related products. For JomSocial support you should visit JomSocial .

The information given in this category is intended to guide users who want to use JomSocial with Kunena and, mostly, was written by Kunena users. The information here is not necessarily accurate, up-to-date nor is it intended to replace the support given by the developers of JomSocial.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question K 3.0 JomSocial integration

More
10 years 11 months ago #1 by Shimei
Hi,

Hadn't known where to post this. None of the profiles are working when signed out of the forum, and when signed on - only my own can be viewed. I noticed there's no Jomsocial plugin, and I can't find anywhere in the settings in the admin control panel.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_lumiere | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.0 | creationdate: 2013-05-15

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.0 | 2013-05-15 [ Wanga ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.8.4

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.0.0 | Content - Kunena Discuss 3.0.0 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.4 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.4 | JomSocial - Kunena Groups 2.0.4

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.0 | Kunena Login 3.0.0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #2 by coder4life
We are no longer maintaining the Kunena Jomsocial integration plugin. It is very expensive for us in time to maintain a plugin for a commercial company. Things are always subject to change, but there is no immediate plans to support the plugin anymore. We are in discussion with the Jomsocial team about the future of this plugin.
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by coder4life.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shimei

More
10 years 11 months ago #3 by uwe01
Replied by uwe01 on topic K 3.0 JomSocial integration
I very much hope that there is a good possibility in the future!

Das Geilste, was nach ner schönen Frau kommt...JOOMLA!!!

More
10 years 11 months ago #4 by Shimei
Replied by Shimei on topic K 3.0 JomSocial integration
I'd rather see a private messaging system built in Kunena! :woohoo:

Seriously though, I really appreciate your time and effort Kunena team!

More
10 years 11 months ago #5 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic K 3.0 JomSocial integration
To clarify the situation of the JomSocial Plugins, we are keeping the Kunena - JomSocial integration in our distribution, but we are in the process of giving the external JomSocial plug-ins to their team, who know their APIs better than we do.

I hope that the decision will help us not only to get a better integration but also improve the co-operation between the two teams.

More
10 years 11 months ago #6 by woonydanny
I hope they maintain it as Kunena and Jomsocial are my two main extensions I use and a close integration of these is critical for my site.

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

More
10 years 11 months ago #7 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic K 3.0 JomSocial integration
That's our understanding. Matias is assisting the JomSocial team to provide them with all the necessary information that will allow them to take over this activity.

For further information on this matter, please contact the JomSocial team direct.

More
10 years 11 months ago #8 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic K 3.0 JomSocial integration
They will maintain it and probably do it better than we did. They have much more resources for it and also my help.

More
10 years 11 months ago #9 by zesharck

woonydanny wrote: I hope they maintain it as Kunena and Jomsocial are my two main extensions I use and a close integration of these is critical for my site.

exactly the same way for me :ohmy:

jomsocial without Kunena will be a big pb

I hope two things:

- that Jomsocial team will really create the plugins for kunena 3. (I am not sure of this for the next months, just because they working hard on jomsocial 3 and those kunena plugins are far from J. team' priorities..)

- and if they create kunena plugins one day ... I hope that Jomsocial team will not forced people to renew their account (if this one is ended) just to download 2 or 3 plugins :whistle: ....Jomsocial team is a business cie :side:

For the moment I keep my kunena 2.x.x, praying that nothing wrong happend, waiting for official Jomsocial information, and maybe looking for others solutions to prevent pbs.

Kunena team, a big thanks for all the work you did, do, and will produce in the future ;)

Time to create page: 0.386 seconds