Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Idea Translating K 3.0 - Proposal

• horus68
  • horus68's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
11 years 1 day ago - 11 years 1 day ago #1 by horus68
Translating K 3.0 - Proposal was created by horus68
I'm asking on the future of online kunena translation project.

1- There is already an official project for Kunena v2 localization - www.transifex.com/projects/p/Kunena/

2- I had contacted, by personal message on Transifex, with the official project owners to create a new project to v3, that would be official. No reply yet.

3- There are some other users creating new transifex projects to translate kunena v3.
This will end in issues when merging translations

4- The actual transifex projects works fine but there are some things that can be optimized (online file name, slug, some teams language codes, and so on)

5- I'm an experienced Joomla translator and transifex projects manager.
I had before taken charge to organized several other extensions transifex projects.
You can take a look at my tutorial site: Keep Calm and Translate Joomla - sites.google.com/site/transjoomla/home
and Transifex public profile - www.transifex.com/accounts/profile/horus68/

6- Proposal:
A- Create a new project for kunena v3 translations.
B- The old project would be just for Kunena v2. If you want it could also be reorganized.
C- Get all translations already done and use it for the new project
D- Get the same teams already working on the previous project
E- Open to translations
F- Delivery the new .tx client config file
G- Ask to all other projects owneres to join and close their projects.

I can do all this stuff for you on a new project that you will create where you need to add me as maintainer!
When done I will remove myself from project maintainer, as I just want to be as translator!!

7- Future ideas that you could consider also:
- Translations autopackage creation. See sites.google.com/site/transjoomla/transi...ranslation-autopacks

Please consider my proposal. Waiting for your reply!
Last edit: 11 years 1 day ago by horus68.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #2 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Translating K 3.0 - Proposal
Thank you from your proposal. We aren't supporting Kunena 2.0 anymore, so we only have one set of translations: next major version. So all the transifex files are actually for Kunena 3.0.

So our plan is basically rename all the files so, that they are version agnostic. Meaning that the translations are always for the latest version that is in development.

Thanks for the tip on the component! I've planned to make one for myself, but never got time to do that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.372 seconds