Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Invalid XML file

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #1 by burek
Invalid XML file was created by burek
hi,

while trying to install serbian language for kunena 2.0.2, downloaded from here: www.kunena.org/download i encountered an error saying it can't install "sr-YU.com_kunena.menu.ini"

when i checked in the zip file, indeed there was no such file there, so i thought it might be a good idea to report it.

also, is it possible that you change your xml file, instead of this:
Code:
<files folder="site" target="language/sr-YU"> <filename>sr-YU.com_kunena.controllers.ini</filename> <filename>sr-YU.com_kunena.ini</filename> <filename>sr-YU.com_kunena.models.ini</filename> <filename>sr-YU.com_kunena.templates.ini</filename> <filename>sr-YU.com_kunena.tpl_blue_eagle.ini</filename> <filename>sr-YU.com_kunena.tpl_mirage.ini</filename> <filename>sr-YU.com_kunena.views.ini</filename> </files>
to put this (i tested and it works):
Code:
<files target="language/sr-YU"> <folder>site</folder> </files>

Edit:
P.S.
Also, remove files "index.html" as they are not needed really.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by burek.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Invalid XML file
Hello,

This has been fixed lately, i don't remember when exactly, you will find it into Kunena 2.0.3.

Thanks anyway for report.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
11 years 6 months ago #3 by burek
Replied by burek on topic Invalid XML file
Just to add one more thing, to avoid creating new topics, there is a bug in Kunena 2.0.2 which confuses COM_KUNENA_SHOW_ALL from files:
(1) "language/xx-YY/xx-YY.com_kunena.views.ini:123"
and
(2) "administrator/language/xx-YY/xx-YY.com_kunena.sys.ini:54"

On the front page of the forum (the "Recent Topics" tab) there is a select box for time period, which retrieves the language constant from (2) instead from (1). Here is a screenshot of it, too.

Attachments:

More
11 years 6 months ago #4 by burek
Replied by burek on topic Invalid XML file
One more thing. In file "components/com_kunena/views/search/view.html.php:84" there are lines which add options to which searched messages will be sorted by:
Code:
$options[] = JHTML::_('select.option', 'title', JText::_('COM_KUNENA_SEARCH_SORTBY_TITLE') ); // $options[] = JHTML::_('select.option', 'replycount', JText::_('COM_KUNENA_SEARCH_SORTBY_POSTS') ); $options[] = JHTML::_('select.option', 'views', JText::_('COM_KUNENA_SEARCH_SORTBY_VIEWS') ); // $options[] = JHTML::_('select.option', 'threadstart', JText::_('COM_KUNENA_SEARCH_SORTBY_START') ); $options[] = JHTML::_('select.option', 'lastpost', JText::_('COM_KUNENA_SEARCH_SORTBY_POST') ); // $options[] = JHTML::_('select.option', 'postusername', JText::_('COM_KUNENA_SEARCH_SORTBY_USER') ); $options[] = JHTML::_('select.option', 'forum', JText::_('COM_KUNENA_CATEGORY') );

The problematic entry is "COM_KUNENA_CATEGORY", since in various languages the word COM_KUNENA_CATEGORY is not pronounced the same way when used in such context as when used as a noun. So it would be better to create a new translatable word "COM_KUNENA_SEARCH_SORTBY_CATEGORY" to circumvent this issue.

More
11 years 6 months ago #5 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Invalid XML file

burek wrote: Just to add one more thing, to avoid creating new topics, there is a bug in Kunena 2.0.2 which confuses COM_KUNENA_SHOW_ALL from files:
(1) "language/xx-YY/xx-YY.com_kunena.views.ini:123"
and
(2) "administrator/language/xx-YY/xx-YY.com_kunena.sys.ini:54"

On the front page of the forum (the "Recent Topics" tab) there is a select box for time period, which retrieves the language constant from (2) instead from (1). Here is a screenshot of it, too.

I need to check if this language string isn't used in backend too

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.592 seconds