Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Where are the labels in the user section?

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #1 by cheeseus
Hello,

I am trying to translate the forum into my language but I am having a big problem finding where some of the strings are located. I have searched all available files, compared the English files to my language files, created my language files from the English files and still some of the strings remain in English and are nowhere to be found in any of the files.

In particular, I need to locate the labels in the top user section: Index / Recent Topics / New Topic / No Replies / My Topics / Profile / Help / Search. And also, the forum breadcrumbs labels.

I have switched off the "use English on missing strings" option, which means that the above English labels should be located somewhere in my language files. But they aren't.

For example, the "Recent Topics" strings appears in en-GB.com_kunena.views.ini
COM_KUNENA_ALL_DISCUSSIONS="Recent Topics"
COM_KUNENA_MENU_LATEST_DESC="Recent Topics"

These two strings are translated in my language file but I still see the English text.
I have reinstalled Kunena twice - the second time after a complete wipe. I have tested this in different browsers, I have purged the cache. This is not a cache problem - when I make other changes in the same file bg-BG.com_kunena.views.ini, these changes are reflected on refresh.

EDIT: ADDITIONAL INFO

Clearly there are some strange problems with the translations. Several minutes ago, I translated the date strings in bg-BG.com_kunena.libraries.ini (administrator/components/com_kunena/languages/bg-BG):

COM_KUNENA_DATE_xxx and COM_KUNENA_DT_DATE_xxx

Then I uploaded them, and the new translations appeared immediately. Made some changes, reuploaded, changes took effect immediately. Continued translating in the same file, five minutes later reuploaded - the date strings were back in English and I can't get them to change back to Bulgarian. WTF?
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by cheeseus.
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 6 months ago #2 by TKtemp

Index / Recent Topics / New Topic / No Replies / My Topics / Profile / Help / Search.

Those are Joomla Menu Items, so can not be translated in kunena languages files.

To translate them in your language go to Joomla Backend -> Menus -> Kunena Menu -> Edit one by one and change Title in your language.
More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #3 by cheeseus

TKtemp wrote:

Index / Recent Topics / New Topic / No Replies / My Topics / Profile / Help / Search.

Those are Joomla Menu Items, so can not be translated in kunena languages files.

To translate them in your language go to Joomla Backend -> Menus -> Kunena Menu -> Edit one by one and change Title in your language.

Thank you! I never would have guessed!

I quickly translated them but here's another problem - now they disappeared completely! No tabs are shown where they used to be... Now this must be a bug.

And also, I can't get the "Last visit date:" dates (today, yesterday,...) to show in Bulgarian although I have translated them.

EDIT: When I go to Admin > Kunena > Forum Tools > Menu Manager, I see NO issues with the menus. Then, when I click on Trash Menu, I get a message that "The Kunena navigation menu and main forum link have been created." and my translations are erased and the English text reappears. But then I only need to translate the name of the first tab (Index), and the whole menu disappears again...
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by cheeseus.
More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #4 by sozzled
cheesus: I am sorry but there seem to be several issues in this topic and I cannot work out what we're trying to discuss. For that reason alone I am locking this topic and asking that you do the following things:

(1) If you are looking for language strings to translate then please read Where is the language file?

(2) The first place to start before you ask questions about how to translate Kunena menu items is the FAQs page

(3) If your menu is missing, maybe you haven't published it? Your configuration report will show you how your menu is currently set up.

Because this topic seems to involve many issues, I make the following suggestion: if you want to ask a question about Bulgarian dates then you will need to create a new topic that discusses Bulgarian dates.

Please, in future, one subject per topic, please. Thank you.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by sozzled.
Time to create page: 0.474 seconds