Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Database error

More
14 years 10 months ago #1 by Oscarfishlover
I made a copy of my database from my 1.015 jumble website. Made a fresh install of 1.5 and then reinstalled the database from 1.015 and then got this message

jtablesession::Store Failed
DB function failed with error number 1054
Unknown column 'client_id' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO `jos_session` ( `session_id`,`time`,`username`,`gid`,`guest`,`client_id` ) VALUES ( 'nl6t4hs9vhf58pbai5u5j4c041','1245012096','','0','1','0' )

I did exactly the same on a website without the Kunena forum installed and it worked perfectly okay, installed all my old information very easily and quickly.

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #2 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Database error
This has nothing to do with Kunena (it never uses jos_session). You should not use J!1.0 database with J!1.5 without migrating it to the new version.

More
14 years 10 months ago #3 by Oscarfishlover
Replied by Oscarfishlover on topic Re:Database error
thanks for the clarification on that. However, I have been using migrator to upgrade all my 1.0 websites However none of them have forum installed. Someone suggested I use MTWmigrate. I was thinking of may be setting up a 1.5 site on a temporary domain, and then using MTW migrate to import everything from the 1.0 site. And then move the new 1.5 onto its domain.But am I right in saying that MTW migrate does not move components across? But it will migrate the forum database tables?

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
14 years 10 months ago #4 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re:Database error
I've never upgraded J1.0 to 1.5, so someone else has to give answer to this question.

More
14 years 10 months ago #5 by Oscarfishlover
What I've done for the moment is migrate (on a test site)the 1.0 site to the 1.5 sites. Even though Kunena was installed on the 1.0 site, the migration has not included Kunena tables in the database. I'm assuming this is because the migration is only effective on Joomla itself. Now since I cannot find any correspondence whatsoever, I'm working in the dark wearing a blindfold at the same time. So I was thinking that maybe I should install the latest version of kumnena on my new 1.5 site, and then import the Kunena tables from the old 1.0 site and drop them into the new 1.5 database overwriting the existing Kunena tables.

How does that sound?

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
14 years 10 months ago #6 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re:Database error
1) Import/copy all jos_fb_* tables to your new site.
2) Do this for each table (if they are not yet UTF8): ALTER TABLE jos_fb_messages CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci
3) Install latest Kunena

It's important that you install Kunena AFTER doing the first two steps.

More
14 years 10 months ago #7 by Oscarfishlover
What is the best way of copying the relevant kunena database tables? I normally do it in PHPmyadmin. however, I'm having a few problems this time. First of all, I exported the database tables as zip file, but then I got an error. So I unzipped it and tried to import the file and it went on for quite a while and then I got this message

The server was not able to find the document (./502.shtml) you requested.
Please check the url and try again. You might also want to report this
error to your web hosting provider.

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
14 years 10 months ago #8 by grumblemarc
Replied by grumblemarc on topic Re:Database error
Export it as SQL. No compression.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
14 years 10 months ago #9 by Oscarfishlover
I've just tried this, and it did it again. This is how I am making a copy of the jos_fb tables. I clicked on export, then in the "view dump (schema) database" I select all the jos_fb tables. Then at the bottom in "save as file" I give the file name and check "none" and then click go.

Because my forum has quite a lot of posts, the SQL file is something like 18 MB in size.

I go to my other forum and click import, I then select the SQL file I had just made that don't make any other adjustments. It takes a few minutes and then I just get this message come up again.

Not Found

The server was not able to find the document (./502.shtml) you requested.
Please check the url and try again. You might also want to report this
error to your web hosting provider.

cpaneld/11.24 Server at 75.125.60.9

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #10 by Oscarfishlover
It seems that the problem has been caused by the size of the file that I am trying to import. I have had a degree of success by exporting the database in segments, rather than all at once. However, the two tables that contain messages, messages, and messages_text are really struggling. I managed to get the messages to import the second time, messages_text just won't go in. It's around 12 MB in size. I tried zipping it, but it still wouldn't work.

EDIT: I zipped files and it worked, let us hope so anyway

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by Oscarfishlover.

Time to create page: 0.605 seconds