Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Merged Migrate / convert IP Board to Kunena

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #1 by weaklinks
Hello,

I searched and seen some old topics. I been playing around for many months Joomla and man with all the plugins etc You can build a really nice site not just a forum like how I have with IPB. anyway
My forums are about 7 years old and it would be sad if I had to start from scratch. I love how it completely integrated with Joomla and I would love to move forward with this type of board. So to my question is there anything out there that I can convert forum to your forum at atleast bring over the users details
Thanks for your time

P.S I am running IP.Board 3.1.3
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by weaklinks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by haithun
There is currently a search for Agora und phpBB3 migration testers. I guess that you need to do the migration manually cause for so seldom and old components there is often no way of automatic migration.

More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by fxstein
FYI - AFter closing out some remaining issues with out modules and plugins and releasing them as 1.6.1 we have lined up Agora and phpBB migration testers. These will have priority.

Question: Are there convertes from IP.Board to something like phpBB? If so, you could go that route once we have finalized the phpBB converter.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 5 months ago #4 by weaklinks
Thats a good question.. I will find out and maybe write up a how-to . I'm also willing for to supply lic from IPB in order to help support the migration

More
13 years 5 months ago #5 by weaklinks
just spent an hour searching i found nothing just IPB old stuff :(

More
13 years 5 months ago #6 by weaklinks
I did find something forum-migrations.com going to see how much it cost to migrate

More
13 years 4 months ago #7 by weaklinks
Hi again,

I have spoke to owner of forum migration it can be done but I do not have the cash to proceed or I would of done it .

My next question is if you are familure of what need to be move lets say posts and users is all I really care about . I can only image this is a very complex way because of how each table is linked to another part of another table etc..

Unless there is a convert that I can migrate to i.e move to phpbb then move to Kunena.
any suggestions thanks for your time

More
13 years 4 months ago #8 by sozzled
I searched through this forum looking for IPB in the title only - that's why it's always a good idea to choose a good topic subject - and I found the following results: www.kunena.org/forum/advsearch?q=IPB&tit...te=all&childforums=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: weaklinks

More
13 years 4 months ago #9 by weaklinks
Thank you for the link i really dont understand whats going on there any other suggestions

More
13 years 1 month ago #10 by Lift for Life

weaklinks wrote: I did find something forum-migrations.com going to see how much it cost to migrate

I found out about forum-migrations.com from this thread and after doing a bit of research I hired them to migrate my Vbulletin forum to Kunena. Our forums have approx 34,000 post and many images and I was not comfortable in doing the migration myself. Javier at forum-migrations set up a demo site in advance at no charge to show me just how our forums would look in Kunena and was then very flexible with my schedule when doing the actual migration. He even even followed up with an additional task that was not in the original quote.
Overall I would have to say that I am very pleased with the service. For my peace of mind it was definitely worth the price.

Lift

Time to create page: 0.391 seconds