Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question feature request: Built-in "solved" button and mark for each topic

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #1 by baijianpeng
I think most Kunena users use it as support forum. So we always want to mark topics as "solved" on such a forum.

But there is no built-in "solved" button feature in Kunena.

How about make one? Of course it can only be clicked by the "topic starter" and "forum moderator". When clicked, a green color tick symbol (check mark, ) will be appended to the end of the topic subject, on every post in that topic.

In order to avoid SEF URL for the topic being affected, this check mark should be an png image, instead of some special font character.

Thank you.

www.joomlagate.com/

Chinese Joomla Users' Portal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #2 by 810
We have some kind "solved" feature, but we have plans to improve it better.

backend - kunena - templates - crypsis - features tab - Show labels

its loading the default labels:
media\kunena\labels\labels.xml

If you want custom labels
you can copy the file to components/com_kunena/template/yourtemplate/config/labels.xml

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #3 by baijianpeng
Ok, I did not notice that option. Now I enabled it. The topics list page looks better now.

Hope you will improve this feature better, like:
1. only show labels of "solved";
2. show "solved" label at the end of the topic subject line;
3. show "solved" label as green check mark with text "solved" in its tooltip;
4. allow to click the "solved" button when reading the post, no need to click "moderate" button to change the topic label.

Thank you.

www.joomlagate.com/

More
7 years 3 hours ago #4 by baijianpeng
Today I want to add something to remind you to make the "solved" feature better.

I think use the "topic icon" for "solved mark" is NOT a good idea. Topic icon is topic icon, it should not be changed. It stands for the original type of the topic, not for the final result.

I saw a good pattern for "solved mark" on phpBB forum at forum.vestacp.com/ . On that forum, users can click an small button to mark any post in a topic as "solved", then the whole topic is marked as "solved" on topic list. And in the topic detail page, visitors can see a green check sign on the post which was marked as "solved (the correct answer)". On the topic list page (category page), the "solved mark" (green check mark image) is at the end (after) the topic title (subject). This way looks very good.

Thank you.

www.joomlagate.com/

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #5 by juliank92
Feel free to give this plugin a try github.com/JVNL/PlgOpgelost (download: press green button "clone or download" and save as zip)
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by juliank92.

More
6 years 11 months ago #6 by baijianpeng
hi, juliank92,

I tested your plugin on Kunena 5.0.6 with Joomla 3.6.5. The good news is: it works.

However, I think you still have something to be improved:

1. The "[solved]" prepend text will be inserted into the real "topic title", then it will be part of the title. This is very bad, because, if SEF was enabled and set to use topic title as SEF URL, then your "prepend text" will change the topic SEF URL, which had been generated without that text when the first post was submitted. I think URLs should be kept intact. So you need to remove the "prepend text" from the title tag, and show it there via other method.

2. When click on the "solved" button, there will pop-up a notification, but those words were not included in the language file. You need to put them into the language file:

Notificatie

Vooraf gaande aan het sluiten van je topic, is het van belang dat je de juiste reactie als oplossing markeerd. Indien je het niet zeker weet, klik op het kruisje en druk onder de reactie met de oplossing "Dit is de oplossing".

Dit is van belang omdat bezoekers die komen vanaf een zoekmachine dan weten in welke reactie de oplossing van het topic staat vermeld. Als er geen oplossing in het topic staat, geef dan in het topic aan dat het gesloten mag worden.

Ja, ik heb de juiste oplossing gemarkeerd.

3. I want a "green color tick (or check mark? I don't know how to name it in English) icon" at the end of the topic title, if the "solved" button was clicked. See attached screenshot, this is from a forum built by phpBB:

You can see those green icons, right? Green color icons can speak ! Visitors will understand that icon INSTANTLY.

4. If a topic has more than 1 replies, we need to know which reply is the "final/correct answer". So I think this same green icon should also be attached to the title of the post which was regarded as the "correct answer".

5. When click on the "reopen" button, there pop-up a notification, those words were not in the language file either.

6. Ooops, the "reopen" button can not work. No matter I click on "Ja" or "Nee", the topic still remain locked.

Anyway, you are doing the great job.

Thank you. And hope your plugin will be better soon.

www.joomlagate.com/

Attachments:

More
6 years 11 months ago #7 by juliank92
Thanks for your feedback, first of all i want to say it was never intended to be released(since it is only being used on forum.joomlanl.nl/ ), so keep it in mind maybe it make sense why it acts as it does.

1. We don't mind that the title is changing. But it cloud be avoided, since there was keeping a track of the solved topics in the database (so topic id's and categories are known).
2. Yeah, that was me being lazy :S. Since it is only used on one website, and we targeting to Dutch people i decided to put the text directly in the html file which is being used for the popup's.
3. Yes it is called a check mark. I think you could achieve this with somewhat the same solution as point 1. However, maybe there is a need of dirty tricks needed when you try to do this. And it would be a lot cleaner if there was a core feature in Kunena.
4. It keeps record of the marked solutions, and display them in a green color. (There is also a text inserted above the text in the post) It could be very easy modified to display a checkmark.
5. Yeah same as point 2, see: github.com/JVNL/PlgOpgelost/blob/master/template/modal.html
6. Strange, clicking "Ja" (in Dutch that means yes) should reopen it. Maybe there are issues with getting the message id (id of the post), guessing this because of point 4 and it won't reopen.

More
6 years 11 months ago #8 by baijianpeng
I know some basic CSS tricks. So I know the little green checkmark can be shown after the topic title via CSS directive as a background image. However, I need a CSS selector to do this. But your plugin did not alter the CSS class for topic title or post title.

Could you please do some light modification to your code to let the plugin insert a special new CSS class such as "topic-solved" to the HTML A tag of the topic title? Then I can add that green checkmark to this kind of topics by this new CSS selector.

If your plugin can detect "on which post did the user clicked the solved button", please also insert a new CSS class such as "solution-post" to the HTML A tag of that post. Then I can put the green checkmark to that single post title.

Since I can only input an empty space character for the "prepend text" field, I think I can hide that prepend text this way. If you allow a new option to "do not show the prepend text", that is better than an empty space character.

Thank you.

www.joomlagate.com/

More
6 years 11 months ago #9 by juliank92

If your plugin can detect "on which post did the user clicked the solved button", please also insert a new CSS class such as "solution-post" to the HTML A tag of that post. Then I can put the green checkmark to that single post title.

The class "jnlSolvedSolutionPost" is added to a solution post.
github.com/JVNL/PlgOpgelost/blob/master/js/jnl_solved.js#L16

I will take a look at the anchor tags, i guess you'll mean on the overview pages like category and recent topics. Making a option to disable prepending the topic title is no work at all. But don't expect me to make a change until sometime next week ;).

More
6 years 11 months ago #10 by baijianpeng
Yes, I mean on the category page or the "recent topics" page, where we see "topic title lists".

Thank you.

www.joomlagate.com/

Time to create page: 0.387 seconds