Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved K 3.0 Kunena Discuss: how to use

More
10 years 11 months ago #1 by jeyjey
When I install a plugin I go to installations manager and I choose to open the plugin. Then, during the "enabling" operation, I see the plugin tag to insert in articles. I do not found it everywhere. I read the Wiki and there is not the usage of the Discuss Plugin. How can I invoke (call) the forum thread to discuss to? Where and how I mention in a content where the thread is? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #2 by gray
Have you check this article - www.kunena.org/docs/Kunena_Discuss:_Installation_and_Use
It's for an older version, but principle and configuration remained the same.

www.justPHP.net - Custom coding for Joomla!
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by gray.

More
10 years 10 months ago #3 by jeyjey
I read that Wiki article, but I meaning that it is not wrote HOW call the forum post or link to the forum thread. For example if I use other joomla plugin I must insert some tags like this:
Code:
{widgetkit Identifier}
. Whit this plugin I can configure it sure, I read it, but what is the calling code to put inside the article text? Thanks.

More
10 years 10 months ago #4 by ritesh_z
Try this:
1. Go to Kunena Forum and Create a new Category: "Test".
2. Save it and find out the ID assigned to it. Let's say it's 164.
3. Go to Plugins and open Kunena Discuss.
4. Click Basic Options tab from top.
5. Scroll to the text box that says "Default Forum Category" and type 164 in it.
6. Save it and you're good to go.
7. Just open any article from your site and all articles will immediately move to Test category in your forum.
8. You don't need to include code that includes curly braces anywhere in your articles. It applies to all articles by default but you can configure it under Basic Options.
9. Once this works out, try out the other options under Basic tab.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeyjey

More
10 years 10 months ago #5 by gray
There is an option "Allow Custom Topics" which allows using {tag}:
Tip: Enable this option if you would like to arbitrarily discuss an article in an existing topic. You can then add {kunena_discuss:#} tag anywhere to your article, where # is topic Id in Kunena. If you do not want to discuss this article, use {kunena_discuss:0}.

Instead of adding {kunena_discuss} to every article you can use "Category Mapping" (different article categories go to different forum ones - I've created a hack to map parent content categories ) option or "Default Forum Category" option (all discussions from allowed content categories will go to a single forum category).

The following user(s) said Thank You: jeyjey

More
10 years 10 months ago #6 by Mortti

More
10 years 10 months ago #7 by myale
hi there,

i havent been to these boards in a long time,

i have Kunera 3 With Discuss and other plugins.

as i am still in the test tinkering phase on a site

i am starting to want all primary article replies in the forums.
i still dont quite get the mapping part for article replies with discuss into the kunera forums. for example, it would be great to have website FAQs section where articles for New FAQS in the article section are written and added to, and all replies to those articles go into the forum catagory section...

at the same time as i write articles or add them to a category and section on the main joomla CMS i would like to allow the replies go if different areas

also with the above said can i close out a forum topic of replies?

i dont know php though i would like to understand and learn some

Thanks,
Mark

More
10 years 10 months ago #8 by gray
Create the mapping "content category ID - kunena category ID" for those content categories you know right now (for instance FAQs). Then create a default kunena category for all other (new/not know right now) content categories.

Also, you can use the parent category hack I developed - www.kunena.org/forum/k-3-0-kunena-discuss-p/127613 . In this case you'll need to indicate only the parent ID, all content sub-categories (even created later) will get into same parent ID and same Kunena ID.

More
10 years 10 months ago #9 by myale
hey there,

so what you are saying is to use the catagory id for the Kunera catagory id number (admin back panel) and insert that to the discuss plugin?

then all faq articles writen in the joomla article catagory gets a reply in the kunera catagory

and no other topics are created unless i created them in the joomla article content?

do i have this right?

as i said i dont know or understand php

thanks
Mark

More
10 years 10 months ago #10 by gray
Open the plugin's backend and check Category Mapping option.
Tip to it says: Enter comma-delimited pairs of category IDs to map a Joomla category to a Kunena category. For example, articles in Joomla category A will create topics in Kunena category B. If Joomla category 5 should create/map to topics in Kunena category 6 and Joomla category 7 should create/map to topics in Kunena category 10, enter 5,6;7,10; into the field using semi-colons to separate the pairs. Joomla categories not listed here will default to the value in the Default Forum Category field.
So, it means that if all your FAQ articles belong to content category, let's say 5, and kunena's category is, let's say, 2, just add to the Category Mapping option 5,2. For each commented article new topic will be created, but in the same kunena category.

Time to create page: 0.553 seconds