Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved php 8 compatibility

More
1 year 9 months ago #1 by derekk
php 8 compatibility was created by derekk
Which versions are php 8 compatible?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic php 8 compatibility
Hello,

Kunena 6.0.x can work on Php 8.1 but it remains couple of deprecated errors

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #3 by btc
Replied by btc on topic php 8 compatibility
Will you be updating K5.2 to use PHP8? From my point of view, this is absolutely essential, because K6 needs Joomla 4 and there is no way that my site is ready for Joomla 4, mainly because it is heavily dependent on Fabrik. A group of people are working to create a J4 compatible version of Fabrik, but it won't be ready for some time. In the meantime, I get reminders from Akeeba Backup that PHP7.4 will be unsupported starting in November this year.

I've tested my website with PHP8 and everything works except the Kunena RSS feed, which is something I need. All other Kunena features seem to work perfectly.

This is the output from the Kunena RSS feed when using PHP8:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <!-- generator="Destroyer" --> <?xml-stylesheet href="/pgcx/plugins/system/jce/css/content.css?badb4208be409b1335b815dde676300e" type="text/css"?> <rss version="2.0" xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"> <channel> <title>Recent Posts - Palmers Green Community Forums - Palmers Green Community - Palmers Green Community</title> <description><![CDATA[Community news and forums for Palmers Green and surrounding areas. What's On listing and community directory]]></description> <link>XXXX</link> <lastBuildDate>Tue, 26 Jul 2022 14:02:09 +0100</lastBuildDate> <generator>Destroyer</generator> <atom:link rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" href="XXXX/pgcx/forum/recent/posts/sel-720?format=feed&amp;type=rss"/> <language>en-gb</language> </channel> </rss>

In other words, the individual forum posts are missing from the output.

This is the output after reverting the test environment to PHP7.4:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <!-- generator="Destroyer" --> <?xml-stylesheet href="/pgcx/plugins/system/jce/css/content.css?badb4208be409b1335b815dde676300e" type="text/css"?> <rss version="2.0" xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"> <channel> <title>Recent Posts - Palmers Green Community Forums - Palmers Green Community - Palmers Green Community</title> <description><![CDATA[Community news and forums for Palmers Green and surrounding areas. What's On listing and community directory]]></description> <link>XXXX</link> <lastBuildDate>Tue, 26 Jul 2022 14:22:13 +0100</lastBuildDate> <generator>Destroyer</generator> <atom:link rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" href="XXXX/pgcx/forum/recent/posts/sel-720?format=feed&amp;type=rss"/> <language>en-gb</language> <item> <title>Council election results in and around Palmers Green - by: PGC Webmaster</title> <link>XXXX/pgcx/forum/miscellaneous/1377-council-election-results-in-and-around-palmers-green#6446</link> <guid isPermaLink="true">XXXX/pgcx/forum/miscellaneous/1377-council-election-results-in-and-around-palmers-green#6446</guid> <description><![CDATA[This is just a test.]]></description> <category>Miscellaneous</category> <pubDate>Mon, 25 Jul 2022 16:08:44 +0100</pubDate> </item> </channel> </rss

There's only one forum post because this isn't the live website, just a test environment.

Is there any chance that you could make the RSS feed PHP-compatible?
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by btc.

More
1 year 8 months ago #4 by xillibit
Hello,

You can try with this fix : github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/pull/9173

More
1 year 8 months ago #5 by btc
Thanks to everyone involved for the super-quick work on fixing this. The RSS feed is now restored!
The following user(s) said Thank You: xillibit

More
1 year 8 months ago #6 by xillibit
Thanks for the feedback

More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #7 by xillibit
I have changed my fix becasue after some others tests it wasn't working like it should, so i make an another fix : github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/commit/b4...902843e79cac86acd6dd and this too because the setting "RSS History (timelimit) " wasn't used : github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/commit/2e...3a7d3ed577b412d90288

Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by xillibit.

More
1 year 8 months ago #8 by btc
I've updated the three files on my test website with PHP8, but this has brought back the error - there are no posts in the RSS feed.
There's a second issue that I hadn't noticed before: Recent Topics doesn't return any topics - "There are no topics to display".
I've now reverted the live website to PHP7.4 and restored the original K5.2.9 versions of all three files and it is working fine, but I'll still need to move to PHP8 later this year.

So the current status is:
production website: PHP7.4, original K5.2.9 files, both RSS feed and Recent Topics working ok
test website: PHP8, latest versions of all three files, RSS feed not working, Recent Topics not working.

Should I raise the Recent Topics issue in a separate thread?

More
1 year 8 months ago #9 by xillibit
Hello,

I have just noticed it, i have done another fix : github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/commits/K5.2

I have just generated a new nightly build to be more easier instead to apply the fixes : www.kunena.org/download

More
1 year 8 months ago #10 by btc
Not quite there yet, I'm afraid.

On my PHP8 test website I installed the nightly update

Result:

1. Recent topics working again (hooray!)
2. RSS feed empty (boo !)

I then installed last week's version of models/topics.php as per github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/commit/e6...8afad7a7b0ee1c3f1858

Result:

1. Recent topics empty (boo !)
2. RSS feed working (hooray!)

Conclusion:
The last-but-one version of models/topics.php produced empty lists for both pages
The one-line change in the last version of models/topics.php fixed the Latest Topics page but not the RSS feed.

(By the way, what's the purpose of the var_dump() added to at least one of the changed files? It is for troubleshooting?)

Time to create page: 0.527 seconds