Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Users logged into other users accounts

More
4 years 8 months ago #1 by xreliable
I read through the forum and see this has been an issue in the past but don't see any resolutions. This is a really disturbing situation. I've gotten multiple reports of users being logged into other users accounts and even posting as the other user. I updated to the latest kunena and still getting these reports.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 90 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 270M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : Elegant | author: Stack Ideas Sdn Bhd | version: 3.0.1 | creationdate: 13th July 2015

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle5 | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.5.2 | creationdate: 2018-12-11

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.1.13 | 2019-07-21 [ Mimas ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #2 by xreliable
any help here?

More
4 years 8 months ago #3 by xreliable
I updated to the 13.1 patch this morning will this address the potential culprit? Please give me some guidance here. This is a very serious problem and I will need to switch to another option if I cannot get it resolved very soon.

More
4 years 8 months ago #4 by rich
When did you do this upgrade and which version was used before?

More
4 years 8 months ago #5 by xreliable

rich wrote: When did you do this upgrade and which version was used before?

I did the first update from the joomla admin >Extensions>Manage>Update on the 22nd of July which was .13, Before that it was the latest kunena 12.*

then did the 13.1 patch a couple of days later via same method. I got another report from a user about the same problem a few hours after doing the 13.1 patch. He said it happened using an iphone if that makes any difference.

More
4 years 7 months ago #6 by xillibit
Hello,

The login part is handled by Joomla!, i need to check if something has changed in Joomla!

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
4 years 7 months ago #7 by xreliable
still happening on my site. I'm pretty nervous about this. Seems like a MAJOR security problem.

More
4 years 7 months ago #8 by xreliable
still happening. there are no permissions problems. I have no old or outdated components or plugins. Everything is up to date. I have purged the users sessions multiple times as well as caches. I ran database tools on the tables. Every user who reported this was using kunena. The last report was a few minutes ago. Is there anything else that I can check?

More
4 years 7 months ago #9 by xreliable
still happening

More
4 years 7 months ago #10 by YourFavoriteSpamBot
Could you provide some technical details or more information of any sort?

If this is a general issue, that would be a huge security risk and might force me to temporarily take a site down...

Time to create page: 1.523 seconds