Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question PDF handling seems broken in 5.1.5

More
5 years 6 months ago #11 by Goldie
And by changing bbcode/pdf.php as follows it both works in Firefox and IE. I changed your method of using attachment->mesid and directly use filename in folder attachments. Brute force and I am sure you can do better than my programming.

$attachment = $this->attachment;
// $location = $attachment->getUrl();
$location = "media/kunena/attachments/" . $attachment->userid . "/" . $attachment->filename;

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #12 by 810
the different now is:
'media/kunena/attachments/984/Verzendinstructies.pdf'

vs image
'/develop/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=attachment&id=54&format=raw&Itemid=333'

OK so I need to fix that. but it is working fine for me. Need to check it.

More
5 years 6 months ago #13 by Goldie
Hi,

well close. I use the filename and not realfilename. So it is something like

'media/kunena/attachments/984/3d61bebe675c6c62c8922eee31d410a'

More
5 years 6 months ago #14 by 810
for the attachments on the bottom its correct.

But the pdf embed needs a extension like .pdf to show up. Else the object doesn't know its a pdf object.

More
5 years 6 months ago #15 by 810
ok I have now changed the code to use the full address, please check if its working for you now.

More
5 years 6 months ago #16 by Goldie
Hi,

at least in FF and IE it has worked without .pdf as <object> contains type="application/pdf" .

I have downloaded pkg_kunena_v5.1.5-DEV_2018-10-14.zip followed by pkg_kunena_v5.1.5_2018-10-14.zip as I first did not see that there was a developer and normal nightly version. With that embedding works both in FF and IE.

Great support!

Best regards, Goldie

More
5 years 6 months ago #17 by 810
Do you mean 5.1.6-dev ?
Else the 5.1.5 version has fixed it already for you.

More
5 years 6 months ago #18 by Goldie
Well no, yesterday there was 5.1.5-DEv and 5.1.5 Nightlies. I first installed 5.1.5-DEV and then 5.1.5 .

So 5.1..5 Nightlie was the last one I installed and that fixed it.

More
5 years 4 months ago #19 by Goldie
Hi,

I've just upgraded from 5.1.5 to 5.1.7 and surprise: PDF document inline in Kunena again does not work with current Firefox. Now I do not dare to reinstall the old nightly patch for 5.1.5 of Oct, 14.

What should I do?

More
5 years 4 months ago #20 by rich
Yes, I've tested and can confirm problems with pdfs. But this problem exists only, when you have in the configuration "Protect Attachments = Yes". Use you the option protect attachments?

Now I do not dare to reinstall the old nightly patch for 5.1.5 of Oct, 14.

You're right, it would be not a good idea, because the last version was a security upgrade. So I can't recommend a older version of Kunena.

Time to create page: 0.387 seconds