Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Lightbox for image display not working in Kunena 5.1.1

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #1 by purezen
Hello everyone

I am trying to diagnose a problem. I have been using Kunena for more than 5 years now and have never had a problem with Lightbox for image display before this.

I don't know whether my 9themestore store Kunena Template is causing the problem ?
OR
If it is a problem with Kunena 5.1.1 ?

I have asked the same question on the 9themestore forum, but no one has answered my question yet.
www.9themestore.com/index.php/forum/nts-...ing-in-nts-kay-5-2-3

On my Test Site, I have installed Kunena 5.1.1 and NTS Kay 5.2.3 (9themestore).
The pop-up Lightbox for Image display has stopped working in Kunena 5.1.1 with NTS Kay 5.2.3 as the template theme.
I have never had a problem with Lightbox before this.

Lightbox for image display is working 100% OK in Kunena 5.0.14 and NTS Kay 5.1.2 (9themestore).

I have 2x links for the identical page on my forum, that show what I mean:

#1 Here is link from my Test Site that shows Lightbox not working (Kunena 5.1.1 and NTS Kay 5.2.3)
When you press any image, nothing happens.
www.moviestudiozen.com/msz_test1/forum/m...dio-15-platinum#9811

#2 This second link is from my LIVE Site and shows Lightbox working OK (Kunena 5.0.14 and NTS Kay 5.1.2)
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/movie-studi...dio-15-platinum#9811

This latest build version of Kunena has been the most troublesome update I can ever remember.
It seems like a lot of code changed that broke every single template design that exists for Kunena.
9themestore is the only Kunena Template maker, that has attempted to release 5.1.1 compatible templates.
All other Joomla websites that make Kunena Templates, have not released any new templates to be compatible with this new 5.1.1 version of Kunena. It seems like template makers for Kunena are suffering from fatigue at the moment, because the Kunena code keeps changing in ways that requires too much work to keep up to date. This is extremely frustrating, when you are trying to maintain a busy forum.

I am grateful for all the free help on this forum.

Regards
Derek
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by purezen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #2 by 810
We have updated the lightbox with a new version, now the lightbox has fixed many mobile issues ect.

If the kunena template has the old version, then it should work also. But only if they have all the html files. If they don't have all the html files, then it loading the crypsis html file. Then you will get old and new html code. This can be the issue on your kunena template.
The following user(s) said Thank You: purezen

More
5 years 8 months ago #3 by purezen
Another member of the 9themestore forum, has posted a solution to Lightbox not working in 9themestore Kunena template themes.
www.9themestore.com/index.php/forum/nts-...-nts-kay-5-2-3#13673
Problem was being caused by missing fancybox.css files.

Solution:
Open /components/com_kunena/template/crypsisb3/assets/css
Copy all missing fancybox files from crypsisb3 into your relevant 9themestore template.

Now that I can finally see the new Lightbox, I am very impressed.
The new Lightbox for Kunena is fantastic !

Thank you :)

Time to create page: 0.350 seconds