Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Horrible templates for Kunena 5

More
6 years 3 months ago #11 by kellygirl01
totally agree with what you have said. the templates that are around for Kunena and the ones with the Component are absolutly awful.
i have tried to see if there's any css files to change temps but in all there are no css files 'HELP'
Kunena is a great forum component for joomla but it's being thoroughly let down.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #12 by GeJay
Still horrible, but I also believe that the dependency of Bootstrap via Joomla was a big mistake and I've mentioned this to Joomla long ago. Depending on a third part framework like Bootstrap (Joomla still uses BS v2) is no different from when Joomla was trying to get rid of Mambo code so they can focus on everything being "Joomla". Took awhile, but they did it...only to now integrate Bootstrap. They really should have created their own for Joomla so that it's strictly Joomla.

Where am I going with this?

Style conflcts, especially with templates using Bootstrap 3 (and now v4), as well, products that don't use Bootstrap CSS and JS from BS. This was one of the issues I had.

Unfortunately, there was not a lot of options for a decent forum component without venturing into third party forums and using a bridge (not an option for me). So I decided to spend the few dollars and got the paid Blue Eagle template for Kunena 5. Worked well and I was able to make custom style changes easily.

Still some quirky things about Kunena that I don't like but it works for now. I am actually planning to drop the forum though and opt in for a ticket system.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #13 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Horrible templates for Kunena 5
When you disable adblocker you will see some ads with kunena templates from our sponsors.
Also there are some other template builders who created some templates.

We will create a new backend and frontend templates on Kunena 6.0 based of the browsers flexbox support, so we don't need any framework anymore. All you need is a browser that's support flexbox.
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by 810.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PetrIvanovich

More
6 years 3 months ago #14 by korg007
Hi Kunena Developer! Thanks for piping in :)

However, I don't understand the meaning of your msg.

In layperson's terms, can you explain if/how this addresses the fact that we can not upgrade to v5 because the templates deviate too greatly from v4?

Looking forward to hearing form you for clarification.

Cheers!
G

More
6 years 3 months ago #15 by 810
we have included crypsis in v4, and we said that we will remove the blue eagle template on K5.0.
You can run crypsis on a non bootstrap joomla template, only you need to enable the "Load bootstrap" option on crypsis.
If you have bootstrap 3 template, then you can use the crypsisb3 template.

The main css changes, are just the looks, just add a background color and maybe removing the border-radius to remove the rounded effect.
There is not so much changes as you aspect. all pages are designed on the same order. But maybe we have changed the id or css on same parts.

If you still preferred the old k4.0 looks you can buy the Blue eagle 5 template. I have redesigned the looks from blue eagle to the crypsis layouts.

More
6 years 3 months ago #16 by ssh
Replied by ssh on topic Horrible templates for Kunena 5

810 wrote: We will create a new backend and frontend templates on Kunena 4.0 based of the browsers flexbox support

You mean Kunena 6.x

More
6 years 2 months ago #17 by 810
yes, i have changed it.

More
6 years 2 months ago #18 by ruud
Hi, what is the rational behind Flexbox? I am reading a lot of good stuff about CSS grid.
Not questioning the decision, just trying to learn :)

sharing = caring

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #19 by 810
css-grid does not work on stock android browser and few other mobile browsers.

See: caniuse.com/#feat=css-grid
see: caniuse.com/#search=flexbox

for the moment flexbox has more global support.
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by 810.

More
6 years 2 months ago #20 by ruud
A okay, that makes sense.
What I also learned was that flexbox is better for working with rows or with columns where css grid handles these as a grid. The way I translate that is that flexbox would then also be better suited for Kunena as is it mainly 'row' based

sharing = caring

Time to create page: 0.563 seconds