Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved Kunena menu disappears and displays modules from the site home screen

More
2 years 4 months ago #1 by DavidF
Have to say, for me, everything seems to work OK on K6 on J4!! – apart from this! For some reason, the layout for the site home page layout is sometimes being used. This means there can be modules visible which you don’t really want to see when browsing the forum. To demonstate, I have created a fresh installation of J4 and installed a fresh K6 – beta5 with your sample data, . You’ll also see that I have created a side module which should only appear on the home page and not the forum. The Kunena menu items also disappear. Happens if you access the forum, then ‘Welcome Mat’, then ‘Welcome to Kunena!’. You’ll also notice at this point ‘Itemid=101’ also appears in the URL, the default site menu item. I don’t think it should but I’m not a programmer so I can’t suggest a solution. I’m pretty sure that this is the same issue as described here: although, for me, it didn’t matter whether SEF was enabled or not.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #2 by DavidF
Ah, didn't realise I couldn't add URL's to the post which makes seeing my demo site a little difficult! Also quoting the the item on GitHub entitled "itemid is overruled when system - sef is enabled #35570". Nevertheless, surely calling the site home page for a layout, itemid=101 is surely wrong when browsing the forum.

More
2 years 4 months ago #3 by xillibit
Hello,

For new users you can't add links, it will possible when you have posted some more posts. You mean this issue on joomla repository : github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/35570 ?

We have issues with routing functions in Kunena 6.0 for now we are investigating

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
2 years 4 months ago #4 by DavidF
Thanks. Yes that's what I'm referring to. I'll take it that you're dealing with the issue and will await a solution.

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #5 by xillibit
Hello,

We have just released the beta6 of Kunena 6.0 but just after that i have found the culprit which make the 404 error so you need to apply manually the change if you want to try it : github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/commit/21...cfcfe5733f787df59134

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by xillibit.

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #6 by cursulak
Im not sure if my issue is related to this, however after installing the Beta 7 Dev 2022-01-05 my forum menu items reroute the default article pages. Basically putting in url link to go to the forms does the same. It looks to me like ID's got overridden but not sure. Can you see anything from this configuration report?

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct\

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 1000 seconds | Max execution memory: 500M | Max file upload:

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : itl_recycling | author: poetsofcode.com | version: 2.1 | creationdate: August 2019

Kunena default template details : Aurelia | author: Kunena Team | version: 6.0.0-BETA7-DEV | creationdate: 2022-01-05

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 6.0.0-BETA7-DEV-GIT | 2022-01-05 [ Git Repository ]\
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 2.6.4+build.2022.01.04.22.00.38.045bcf7e0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by xillibit. Reason: Put correctly the kunena report configuration

More
2 years 3 months ago #7 by rich
Please remove the wrong menu item "Community" in your main menu. The Kunena menu item Home is as a parent for the Kunena menu. If you want to have the index as a landing page, proceed as described here (it will solve some problems):  Menu Tips  and  Menu Issues  

More
2 years 3 months ago #8 by cursulak
Grrrr I've done this twice now, last time several weeks ago. it's frustrating this gets changed. Ok so I rebuilt it again. But now when I go post a topic I get an error. interesting when I'm at the root level of hte forum, the top menu bar is complete, yet when I go to a subcategory (3rd level deep) the top menu bar disappears and leaves just my login avatar.

Here is new info but I'm still getting error shown below:

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 1000 seconds | Max execution memory: 500M | Max file upload:  

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : itl_recycling | author: poetsofcode.com | version: 2.1 | creationdate: August 2019

Kunena default template details : Aurelia | author: Kunena Team | version: 6.0.0-BETA6 | creationdate: 2021-12-20

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 6.0.0-BETA6-GIT | 2021-12-20 [ Git Repository ]
        | Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 2.6.4+build.2022.01.04.22.00.38.045bcf7e0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
2 years 3 months ago #9 by cursulak
K uninstalled, put beta6 back, then upgraded again to beta7 dev nightly release and error went away.

Time to create page: 0.625 seconds