Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question [BUG] Full names are being displayed instead of usernames

More
2 years 3 months ago #1 by Kotsolis
I use Kunena v5.2.6 and I see that my users' full names are being displayed, for no reason, instead of their usernames.

In Config, the option is set to Username -> Yes

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Can-you give me please the list of integration plugins for Kunena that you have enabled ?

P.S.: the setting that you show in your screenshot works if you don't have integrations plugins enabled

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by xillibit.

More
2 years 2 months ago #3 by Kotsolis
Those are the plugins.

So what could be the problem?

More
2 years 2 months ago #4 by rich
What happens if you disable the JomSocial integration? Probably, the profile settings will be taken over by this extension. Please check the JomSocial setting.

More
2 years 2 months ago #5 by Kotsolis
This is what happens.
No avatars for my users! They all disappear. 

Since everything was working fine, what exactly did you change in the last version?
This problem did not exist in the past. I could see the usernames in Forums (not full names). And I wasn't changing any settings.

More
2 years 2 months ago #6 by xillibit
Hello,

When you are using the integration with Jomsocial, then it's the Jomsocial settings which are used to define if it's the name or unsername which needs to be used. So check in Jomsocial settings.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
2 years 2 months ago #7 by Kotsolis
Ah yes you were right.

It was in JomSocial . Configuration > Layout > Display Name

Sorry for this. My mistake.
Thank you.

More
2 years 2 months ago #8 by Kotsolis
I just realised that changing this setting actually does not display Full Names in JomSocial users at all!
In JomSocial, the setting "Display Full Name" was always there and it should be "Full name" (not Username) because if someone changes it then our full names will not be displayed inside JomSocial profiles (Gameworld.gr/Community/Profile).
With the setting "Full Name", all users will show Full Names and Usernames in parenthesis which is normal.
Now that you told me to revert it, all profiles were showing Usernames and then Usernames in the parenthesis!
So I reverted it. This was not the issue.

So this is not a JomSocial issue. I did a Kunena upgrade in November, I clearly remember it.
In Kunena forum, I should be able to see the usernames only because this is what I had chosen from Configuration.

The problem is elsewhere. Probably this is a bug caused after the last update.
In Kunena Configuation, when I set "Username" , I should be able to see Usernames in Gameworld.gr/Forum

More
2 years 2 months ago #9 by rich
Please check the setting of the plugins:
Kunena - JomSocial Integration
Kunena - Kunena Integration
Test it with disabled Kunena profile.

More
2 years 2 months ago #10 by Kotsolis
I can't understand what you are writing. Please explain in full steps on what should I do!

Time to create page: 0.379 seconds