Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Dropdowns aren't wide enough.

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #1 by southga
I'm trying to get my forum ready for website launch and I noticed that some of the drop-down menus aren't wide enough - you can't see what's in them, as seen in the attachment. Any idea why?

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by southga. Reason: forgot to add attachment

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #2 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Dropdowns aren't wide enough.
Hi,
Looks like a conflict with your Joomla template.

Please try firebug. Or developer tools. To fix your issue.

Regards 810

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #3 by southga
I just created a form drop-down menu using Form Maker and I can see its options (Yes, No). It seems that it's just the Kunena drop-down menus. Could it be some option in the admin end of my site that's not allowing users to make selections?
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by southga.

More
10 years 9 months ago #4 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Dropdowns aren't wide enough.
No its a css issue. Please go to the frontend, and check the issue with firebug.

More
10 years 9 months ago #5 by southga
It's not my template. I checked those menus using an another template that comes with the Joomla installation and they don't work.

More
10 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled

sozzled wrote: The information at the top of this page talks about the configuration report (and includes a helpful link to how to get it); information about how to produce the configuration report is also the very first piece of information you will read if you click the Before you post your question, read this first menu item located near the top of the page.

As I wrote in My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena.t it is not the responsibility of the team to fix all the difficulties that are caused by the hundreds of Joomla template designers and developers who have build products (some are free and some are things that people buy to use) and this forum is not a "we-fix-up-other-Joomla-developers-mistakes-for-free" service either. If you purchased a template from a reputable Joomla template developer then that is the place you should start first.

Sometimes these things are easy to fix and sometimes they are not; it all depends on what the people who designed your Joomla template did when they built it. However, if you know a few things about CSS and if you are familiar with web design tools that are built into your browser - and Firebug is a good example of one of those tools - then fixing this problem is usually a matter of a couple of well-targeted mouse-clicks and applying a bit of know-how.

As we put more emphasis on this forum being a self-help resource, where people can come to find general information about problems that they may be having, our task in moderating the forum is to point people to where they can find the answers. Obviously, dedicated and sustained one-on-one service is not part of that task.

However, when people have specific problems - problems that may be the consequence of using a one-in-a-million Joomla template that does not co-operate nicely with Kunena - and screenshots do help to illustrate these problems, sometimes we can do little unless we see the issue first-hand as a person who uses your website sees these things.

Obviously, if forum buttons or other HTML elements are misaligned and if you need to login to the site to see these things at first hand, without having knowledge of your site, the URL of your forum (these things are contained in your config. report) and an account at your site with which to view those things, there's not a lot more that we can do. I hope this information helps you to better understand the situation.

I hope this helps

More
10 years 9 months ago #7 by southga
Sorry, I forgot to include this earlier:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : BlueAClub | author: Chris Brown | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.0 | creationdate: 2013-05-15

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.0 | 2013-05-15 [ Wanga ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #8 by sozzled
Yes, that helps a lot.

But ... because the page you are talking about requires a user to login first in order to see it, we cannot see the actual problem. If you would like to provide us with a test account to your site then we may have a better chance of figuring out what is causing the dropdowns to look like they do.

You can provide us with a test account by using the confidential tags, like this:
Code:
[confidential]Username: Password[/confidential]

This is what I was talking about when I wrote earlier:

However, when people have specific problems - problems that may be the consequence of using a one-in-a-million Joomla template that does not co-operate nicely with Kunena - and screenshots do help to illustrate these problems, sometimes we can do little unless we see the issue first-hand as a person who uses your website sees these things

Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 9 months ago #9 by southga
I replied to an email from the forum with a username and password for you to use, and I see that you (or someone from the forum) created an account both on my website and the forum on my website. I haven't heard anything from you, though.

More
10 years 9 months ago #10 by sozzled
It is not the policy of members of the Kunena team to register themselves at users' websites. I, personally, did not send you an email and I, personally, did not register an account at your website. I have no knowledge about the things you just wrote about.

Time to create page: 0.430 seconds