Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Kunena Latest Module 3.0.1 not showing latest posts

More
10 years 3 months ago #1 by huuanito
After upgrading Kunena 1.7 to 3.0.4 and installing the 3.0.1 version of Kunena Latest Module it doesn't show the most recent posts any more. Instead it shows "No posts to display"

I have these module settings (which were working previously with 1.7):
Show Title: Show
Start and Finish Publishing both at 0000-00-00 00:00:00

Basic Options:
All/None: All/None
Category Filter: Hide Categories
Module Output: Latest Topics
Time Period: Since Last Visit
Post Limit 5
Subject Length 50
Post Length in tooltip 150
Post Text Limit 0
Unread Indicator !
Post image: User Avatar
Maximum Avatar Width 36px
Maximum Avatar Height 36px
Category Link No
Author Link No
Post Time No
Post Text No
Favorite Icon No
Locked Thread Icon No
Sticky Icon No
Show post count No
Load Module Styles Yes
Display more link No
Choose What You Want Display On Subject Title: Nothing

I have tried changing the Time Period to 1 year and same result.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
Thank you for such a beautifully-detailed question. It really assists everyone trying to help you if you "do the right thing" and provide us with your configuration report (watch the video vimeo.com/69818669 ).

I have no clue, based on the information given in this topic, as to why you cannot see the latest messages displayed by the Kunena Latest module. Maybe it's a "permissions" thing? Maybe you have messages posted in a category that require the user to be logged-in to see the messages? I'm taking a wild guess based on the fact that J! 1.5 did not have ACL protection and J! 3.2 does but I really don't know what is the cause of your particular problem.

The subject of this topic is "Kunena Latest Module 3.0.1 not showing latest posts". Try chaning the module setting from

Module Output = Latest Topics

to

Module Output = Latest Posts

The reason for suggesting this change is that, if people are only replying to existing topics then there are, in effect, no "latest topics" for the Kunena Latest module to display. If there are no "latest topics" then there will be nothing for the module to display.

Again, that's just another wild guess.

More
10 years 3 months ago #3 by xillibit
Hello,

Do-you have something displayed in recent discussions page ? Can-you put here your Kunena report configuration settings ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #4 by huuanito

sozzled wrote: Thank you for such a beautifully-detailed question. It really assists everyone trying to help you if you "do the right thing" and provide us with your configuration report (watch the video vimeo.com/69818669 ).

I have no clue, based on the information given in this topic, as to why you cannot see the latest messages displayed by the Kunena Latest module. Maybe it's a "permissions" thing? Maybe you have messages posted in a category that require the user to be logged-in to see the messages? I'm taking a wild guess based on the fact that J! 1.5 did not have ACL protection and J! 3.2 does but I really don't know what is the cause of your particular problem.

The subject of this topic is "Kunena Latest Module 3.0.1 not showing latest posts". Try chaning the module setting from

Module Output = Latest Topics

to

Module Output = Latest Posts

The reason for suggesting this change is that, if people are only replying to existing topics then there are, in effect, no "latest topics" for the Kunena Latest module to display. If there are no "latest topics" then there will be nothing for the module to display.

Again, that's just another wild guess.

Thanks. It was a PITA to hand copy all those settings :(

yeah I tried changing that and also to show the last years worth as well. Also tried various other permutations and combinations with same result. No joy. Most all messages are in category that requires login but I'm viewing the latest module when logged in, in fact that's the only time you see the output of this module. I'm on J 2.5.17. I'll poke around with permissions and see what I can find and report back.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by huuanito. Reason: wrong j version

More
10 years 3 months ago #5 by sozzled

huuanito wrote: Most all messages are in category that requires login but I'm viewing the latest module when logged in, in fact that's the only time you see the output of this module.

As I indicated earlier, without actually seeing the situation at first hand and without having your unedited Kunena configuration report to work with, it's all guesswork on our part. Good luck and I hope you discover the cause. :)

More
10 years 3 months ago #6 by huuanito

xillibit wrote: Hello,

Do-you have something displayed in recent discussions page ? Can-you put here your Kunena report configuration settings ?

Yes I can see 7 topics in the recent topics.
Here's the unedited settings from the live site. The previous one on the other thread was from a test site which I did not want to show publicly.
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 90 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : ja_graphite | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.0.5 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.4 | creationdate: 2013-12-22

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.4 | 2013-12-22 [ Ukko ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9.1 | UddeIM 3.2

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1

More
10 years 3 months ago #7 by huuanito

sozzled wrote:

huuanito wrote: Most all messages are in category that requires login but I'm viewing the latest module when logged in, in fact that's the only time you see the output of this module.

As I indicated earlier, without actually seeing the situation at first hand and without having your unedited Kunena configuration report to work with, it's all guesswork on our part. Good luck and I hope you discover the cause. :)

Thanks. I did not wish to disclose the location of my test site but now we are dealing with the live site so it's not an issue. I have attached my unedited config to my reply to xillibit in this thread.

Also I don't see the kunena menus on the forum page until after I click on a topic. Then they show. Shall I start another thread for that?

More
10 years 3 months ago #8 by sozzled
If you have questions about other matters unrelated to this subject then, yes, they should be tackled as separate subjects. May I offer you a suggestion in relation to "menu problems"? See the article Kunena Menu issues in the Wiki.

Getting back to the matter in this topic, I think it helps if we simplify things as much as possible. For example, you do not have AlphaUserPoints or JomSocial installed but you have enabled the forum integration plugins for those things. Interesting, eh? :unsure:

How about changing the forum integration plugins as shown in red below:

Kunena - AlphaUserPoints Disabled
Kunena - Community Builder Enabled: access=0 login=1 activity=0 avatar=1 profile=1 private=0
Kunena - Gravatar Disabled
Kunena - JomSocial Disabled
Kunena - Joomla Enabled: access=1 login=0
Kunena - Kunena Enabled: avatar=0 profile=0
Kunena - UddeIM Enabled: private=1

That's the first thing you should do.

The next question that may be worth asking at this time is why do you require people to login in order to see the Kunena Latest module? :S I will give you a practical example of why, in my opinion, I think it may be unhelpful to use the Kunena Latest module after you have logged-in. Look at the home page of this website ( www.kunena.org ) and you will see the Kunena Latest module. The "idea" of the Kunena Latest module is to "advertise" the forum but it is not a replacement for the Recent Topics view, is it? But, again, that's just my opinion for what it's worth and people can use the Kunena Latest module however they want. If people want to use the Kunena Latest module to advertise (without having to login) that there's been some activity on the forum - which is the way that I use the module in my websites - then that's one way it can be used. If people want to use the Kunena Latest module in some other way (that requires people to login to the site beforehand) then that's another way. Each of these ways has "benefits", I suppose, and people can choose to agree or disagree with my opinions on the matter.

So, forgive my slightly "off-topic" commentary but maybe my observations may be beneficial to someone else reading this topic. :)

Let's see what happens when you tidy up the forum integration plugin settings that control how people access your forum, shall we?

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #9 by sozzled
I need to revise a few things. When I looked at your website the Kunena Latest module is displayed on the home page (without having to login first). You wrote:

I'm viewing the latest module when logged in, in fact that's the only time you see the output of this module.

That's not entirely true, is it? The module appears (although it outputs "No posts to display") even if you are not logged-in!

The second problem is that, when we visit your forum, we see the message "There are no published categories in ." I replied to a similar question on this subject yesterday: Problems after migration from J! 1.5 .
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 3 months ago #10 by huuanito
Thanks for your very detailed reply that I will do justice to soon. Meanwhile before I disable those two 'not installed' plugins I should point out that they are actually installed.

More soon.

Time to create page: 0.461 seconds