Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Kunena giving 404 and redirecting to other pages since upgrade

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #1 by Ishtar
Hi

after upgrading Kunena I am getting "404 category not found" when using the "recent topics", "noreplies" etc. This happens as well when clicking directly on a thread seen on the page

When trying to go into a category e.g. "News & Ankündigungen" it redirects me to a really old news on the front page.

You can find my Kunena here

What works is clicking on private message :-)

I had a bit problems re-installing the Menue point for the Kunena board.
In case it is relevant, this is what I did:

Menuetype: Kunena Forum Homepage
Default Menue Item: Kunen menue - Forum -- Index (it gives me a 404 when on forum)
Main settings: all categories
settings for menue links: nothing (don't understand what is meant)
settings of the page view: nothgin (don't understand what is meant)

I upgraded from Kunena 1.7 yesterday.
I did the upgrade because from one day ot the other I could only access the index page of my Kunena forum and when trying to go on a topic it kind of took ages to load and nothing happened. I knew I was due to make the upgrades anyway, so I started them, hoping all would be well when the upgrades where done. :unsure:

Besides Kunena I am using the following that could be relevant:
CB 1.9.1
J 2.5.24
UddeIm 2.7
Content Faceboo- Twitter- Goolge plugin 3.2

There are two other Facebook Plugins, which I am currently reviewing for use and update, though I don't think they cause the problem.

Note: I'm using German langauge, so my use of some of the denominations might be a bit odd ;). I only upgraded yesterday to Joom 2.5.24 from J 2.5.8 so a few things are new to me. And I'm overall not very firm in CMS stuff, so I kindly ask for your patience with me :)

Thank you for helping me

Greetings - Ishtar

Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Ishtar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #2 by rich
Pleas create a configuration report it would help us. You use a outdated uddeim? All your addresses include "Read Private Message" such as "/index.php/Read Private Message/forum/aktuell". Disable the plugin "Kunena - UddeIM Integration" and then test. I think, all your problems arise by obsolete extensions.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #3 by Ishtar
Hi Rich

I updated UddeIm yesterday to the newest version for J 2.5 (UddeIm 3.4)
Disabling the plugging doesn't solve the 404 problem, but I can't see the "private messages" link anymore on the Kunena frontend.
(What is odd is that in the UddeIm backend the "strict standards" error occurs as well, which shouldn't because I use the standard Joomla template...... and it says that the configuration document is writable. I asap go have a look at the UddeIm documentation if this is important.... :dry: )

I just realized the plulgin connecting Kunena with the articles, so that folks can comment directly to Kunena is missing.......for some reason I thought that used to be there authomatically, but maybe I am mistaken and it is a separate plugin. Will check.

Meanwhile, here is the configuration report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 8M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : a4joomla-autumn | author: a4joomla.com | version: 1.1 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.5 | 2014-03-09 [ Invecchiato ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9.1 | UddeIM 3.4

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Greetings - Ishtar

Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Ishtar.

More
9 years 8 months ago #4 by rich
The template Blue Eagle 1.7 is out of date. Please use Blue Eagle 3.0.5
All your Kunena menu items have an incorrect path such as "Read Private Message/forum". Let completely rebuild your kunena menus. Here is a tutorial: Create a completely new Kunena Menu
Create a backup previously!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ishtar

More
9 years 8 months ago #5 by Ishtar
Hi Rich

Yay! it works again :laugh: Thank you very much!

Greetings - Ishtar

Time to create page: 0.482 seconds