Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question GoDaddy and K 3.0

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #1 by Moonstone
GoDaddy and K 3.0 was created by Moonstone
The latest version of MySQL GoDaddy offers for Linux hosting accounts is 5.0.96, and Kunena 3.0 won't install without a minimum of MySQL 5.1.

No K3.0 for some of us GoDaddy users, it seems. :(
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Moonstone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #2 by coder4life
Replied by coder4life on topic GoDaddy and K 3.0
@Moonstone Unfortunately this seems to be an issue where you are not alone and does not only involve Kunena software. Here is a popular thread about this issue.

Godaddy Forum
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moonstone

More
10 years 9 months ago #3 by coder4life
Replied by coder4life on topic GoDaddy and K 3.0
@milines Our API changes were minimal in from Kunena 2.0 to Kunena 3.0 and have informed Taptalk Team about the changes. If I recall they said they will have an updated plugin soon.

More
10 years 9 months ago #4 by Moonstone
Replied by Moonstone on topic GoDaddy and K 3.0

coder4life wrote: @Moonstone Unfortunately this seems to be an issue where you are not alone and does not only involve Kunena software. Here is a popular thread about this issue.

Godaddy Forum

Thanks for pointing this out, coder4life! I've added my voice to this thread. Hopefully GoDaddy will hear us and upgrade.

More
10 years 9 months ago #5 by Moonstone
Replied by Moonstone on topic GoDaddy and K 3.0
Finally, an update !

To all who have posted,

Our sincere apologies for the long delay addressing this thread with an update.

Our hosting and development teams have been actively listening to your requests through this and other active discussions on the forums. I do not have specific details regarding a release date, but I can confirm that plans are in the works for offering MySQL 5.5 on our hosting.

As soon as more information is made available to me, we will be sure to follow up on the forums.

Christopher G.

More
10 years 8 months ago #6 by MikeFromHC
Replied by MikeFromHC on topic GoDaddy and K 3.0

Moonstone wrote: Finally, an update !

To all who have posted,

Our sincere apologies for the long delay addressing this thread with an update.

Our hosting and development teams have been actively listening to your requests through this and other active discussions on the forums. I do not have specific details regarding a release date, but I can confirm that plans are in the works for offering MySQL 5.5 on our hosting.

As soon as more information is made available to me, we will be sure to follow up on the forums.

Christopher G.

I was just told the same thing, "Real Soon Now".
This is the same answer they posted over a year ago.

More
10 years 8 months ago #7 by anphonic
Replied by anphonic on topic GoDaddy and K 3.0
I'm going to kick this horse some more.

I just got off the phone with GD and was told they do support up to 5.5 now on shared hosting.

If you check the phpinfo in joomla on a site I'm working on this is what you get for MySQL and MySQLi.
Code:
ysql MySQL Support enabled Active Persistent Links 0 Active Links 0 [color=#bb0000]Client API version 5.5.19[/color] MYSQL_MODULE_TYPE external MYSQL_SOCKET /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock ... Directive Local Value Master Value mysql.allow_local_infile On On mysql.allow_persistent On On .... mysqli MysqlI Support enabled [color=#bb0000]Client API library version 5.5.19[/color] Active Persistent Links 0 Inactive Persistent Links 0 Active Links 1 [color=#bb0000]Client API header version 5.5.19[/color] MYSQLI_SOCKET /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

When I try to install Kunena 3.0 I get this error and it fails.
Code:
MySQL 5.0.96-log is not supported. Minimum required version is MySQL 5.1, but it is higly recommended to use MySQL 5.5 or later.

So what's going on here? GD support couldn't tell me more than 5.5 has been rolled out and whatever phpinfo reported, that's what was running.

More
10 years 8 months ago #8 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic GoDaddy and K 3.0
Looks like your server still has 5.0.96 and you need to upgrade to newer one by yourself.

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #9 by MikeFromHC
Replied by MikeFromHC on topic GoDaddy and K 3.0

anphonic wrote: I'm going to kick this horse some more.

I just got off the phone with GD and was told they do support up to 5.5 now on shared hosting.

When I try to install Kunena 3.0 I get this error and it fails.

Code:
MySQL 5.0.96-log is not supported. Minimum required version is MySQL 5.1, but it is higly recommended to use MySQL 5.5 or later.

So what's going on here? GD support couldn't tell me more than 5.5 has been rolled out and whatever phpinfo reported, that's what was running.

Maybe they are having a slow roll out. The email I got on 7/27/13 said this

The current highest version on our shared hosting environment of MySQL is 5.0. If you need a higher version of MySQL to run your website you may want to consider a Virtual Dedicated or a Dedicated server.

After posting this I went to the Godaddy site and tried to add a new database.
You now have the option of using 5.0 or 5.5 It looks a though you will have to update Joomla to 5.5 then install Kunena (Great product but I just can't remember how to spell it.)
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by MikeFromHC.

More
10 years 7 months ago #10 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic GoDaddy and K 3.0
It is probably a lot easier to find a better webhosting environment than GoDaddy. I would not recommend GoDaddy to host anything connected with Joomla. You will probably save yourself a lot of time and money if you go somewhere else. I have not met anyone yet who is satisfied with GoDaddy to host Joomla websites. GoDaddy is cheap (really cheap) but their cheapest plans are totally unsuitable for real websites built with Joomla.

That's just my opinion, of course, and that's all I have to say about it. Any search of this forum for the keyword "GoDaddy" will back me up.

Time to create page: 0.394 seconds