Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Merged Sorry, installation failed with following error: {"success":true,"status":"33%","current":"Prepare Installation","log":"\n\t\n\t\t Prepare Installation\n\t\t \n\t\t... OK\n\t\t \n\t\n\t\n"}

More
10 years 5 months ago #21 by 810

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #23 by 30402sw
Thanks for the post but 'some admin plugin' is needle in a haystack. I also take it that you mean administrator and not site plugin because I only seem to have site plugins. I also have about a hundred plugins listed. Has anyone else come across this???

More
10 years 5 months ago #24 by sozzled
30402sw: I discovered another topic that might help - it was not too difficult to find by searching the forum -and merged this topic with an even older one in which someone found the cause of the problem. "Needles in haystacks" aside, I suggest you browse through this newly-merged topic to see if there is something that relates better to you current problem.

*** Topics merged ***

More
10 years 2 months ago #25 by Spocky
into J3.2.x
go to Plugins admin
desactivate all plugins
install Kunena from web
Re-activate the plugins

to me it has worked for me

More
10 years 1 month ago #26 by wdzinc

More
9 years 10 months ago #27 by symbally
Just to throw in my two cents for a shared problem; I'm having the same problem here and have tried to installing some of the other version 3 packages to the same grating error.

Operating System : Arch Linux
Joomla Version : 3.3.0
PHP Version : 5.5.12-1
MySQL (MariaDB) Version : 5.5.37

I have no log entries to reflect any sort of error and have 100% made sure all the environment requirements are met.

If I unpack the package file and install the Kunena "pieces" individually, there is no problem but, there is also no available menu, I presume because the <customfiles> part of the initial schema file isn't called containing:
Code:
<customfiles> <file>administrator/manifests/packages/pkg_kunena.xml</file> <file>administrator/manifests/libraries/kunena.xml</file> <file>administrator/manifests/files/kunena_media.xml</file> </customfiles>

If I run that initial schema file through a tool like XML Lint, it reports no less than 48 errors. Because I need to use Kunena forums, I will investigate further but until that moment, this post just serves for some food for thought and error verification.

Kind regards

More
9 years 10 months ago #28 by symbally
By removing the following line (2) from all XML files and repackaging, it passes lint tests but, still the same error occurs:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE extension>

Ongoing investigation

More
9 years 10 months ago #29 by symbally
I'm no Mootools pro (I use native JS and jQuery) but, it appears that the Request.json call is failing and/or not parsing the response into an actual object as you would expect; the encoded JSON string is valid.

Out of pure speculation (because I notice you have been telling people to disable all their plugins) the error wouldn't have anything to do with the slow migration of the Joomla backend over to jQuery would it?

What (for the moment) baffles me is that if I place a console.log() straight after the following callbacks from Request.JSON, it never fires.
Code:
onSuccess: function(responseJSON, responseText) { console.log('onSuccess'); onError: function(responseText) { console.log('onError'); onFailure: function() { console.log('onFailure');
Do you think you could tell me which file in particular I should look, I'm currently using the ./install/tmpl/default.php from the first called package within the schema. In the case of testing here, that is com_kunena as I have commented out the other extensions

More
9 years 10 months ago #30 by crown777
On installing Kunena 3.0.5 I get -> Sorry, installation failed on fatal error!

{"success":true,"status":"33%","current":"Prepare Installation","log":"<table>\n\t<tr>\n\t\t<td>Prepare Installation<\/td>\n\t\t<td style=\"color: green\">\n\t\t... OK<\/td>\n\t\t<td><\/td>\n\t<\/tr>\n\t<\/table>\n"}

It is JS conflict in mootools-core.js (line 164)

How I can to solve this

Time to create page: 0.546 seconds