Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Username in Post, Real-Name in Profile

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #1 by Schischi
Hi @all!

i wonder how and if it is possible to Show the username in a post of the user but the real Name in the Profil of the user.

I only find the configuration "Show Name" wich takes effect in both Parameters, post and Profile.

Is it possible to set this Options seperatly?

Thx a lot!

Greetz
Ralf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #2 by rich
Unfortunately there is no additional option for that.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #3 by sozzled

Schischi wrote: I wonder how and if it is possible to show the username in a [user's] post ... but the real uame in the [user's] profile?

Technically-speaking, anything is possible but the current arrangement in Kunena doesn't work that way.

The configuration setting

Configuration » Users » User Related » Display User Name = No

displays the user's "real name" in their posts and "real name (username)" in the user profile.

Configuration » Users » User Related » Display User Name = Yes

displays the user's username in their posts and their profile.

It is possible, however, to modify the Kunena template (if you're handy with PHP code) to achieve the result you want but, unless you're skilled in writing PHP and you know where to look, the cost may not be worth the effort. Theoretically it's possible if you want to customise your Kunena template but if it's something you really want then it's possible.

Schischi wrote: Is it possible to set these options separately?

rich is correct; there is no facility in the current version of Kunena to do these things.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #4 by Schischi
Good Morning,

thanks a lot for your replys. I Think i will set the Option to Username and thats it. Maybe there will be the Option in future Releases..

Thanks a lot and Greetz!

Ralf

More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #5 by Rosenborg

sozzled wrote:
The configuration setting

Configuration » Users » User Related » Display User Name = No

displays the user's "real name" in their posts and "real name (username)" in the user profile.

Thank you, sozzled, this is also what I was lookin for. :-)

But I also use the module Kunena Latest and here the username is showing an not the 'real name'. How can I change to real name in this module too?
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by Rosenborg.

Time to create page: 0.694 seconds