Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Solved A notice when posting?

More
10 years 1 month ago #1 by lewism
Is there some way of offering the user a short notice when they are about to post? Perhaps as a pop up, or something in the text displayed?

For example, I want to tell users not to post other sites when they are posting in the forums because it is not fair to the user base.

Thanks much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic A notice when posting?
Of course, anything is possible (but everything has a price). Yes, I'm sure it's possible to develop a "hassle screen"/popup prompt to appear whenever you (or your users) compose a new message on your forum. Remember, of course, that after a while, you and your users may become tired of seeing a prompt that looks like

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 1 month ago #3 by lewism
Replied by lewism on topic A notice when posting?
I mean something less annoying, like a one liner in the header or something. I've seen in other forums, it's just a notice about posting.

More
10 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled

lewism wrote: I mean something less annoying, like a one liner in the header or something. I've seen in other forums, it's just a notice about posting.

Of course. I was replying to your suggestion to use a "popup"; popups are, in my opinion, often annoying.

Of course, you could put something in your forum "rules" page, your site "terms of use page", a "forum announcement" or in the "category header". Unfortunately, just as we also have a terms of use page here, at this site, as just as we also have forum announcemnts and we try to put heplful text in the category header (see at the top of this page as an example), people don't necessarily look at it and we sometimes have to remind them about what we expect when people use the forum here.

It's just one of those things, I guess. Educating users; damn near impossible job.

More
10 years 1 month ago #5 by lewism
Sorry, I should edit that to mean a banner or notice or something along those lines.
I agree that popups are immensely annoying.

I was hoping to have something which catches the users eye when they are about to post, perhaps reminding them of something in one line, such as no mention of other sites, etc.

Thank you, I'll probably end up writing a rules page, probably the best idea.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #6 by sozzled

lewism wrote: Sorry, I should edit that to mean a banner or notice or something along those lines.

Yes, you could create a banner and put it somewhere that cateches your users' eyes, like this, perhaps:

And, using the information in Module Positions there are many places on your forum where you could put that banner.

Does this adequately answer your question?
Attachments:

More
10 years 1 month ago #7 by rich
Replied by rich on topic A notice when posting?
It would be possible with Custom HTML modules in kunena_msg positions.
www.kunena.org/docs/Module_Positions
It would be like on the picture. Whether it is optimal, I can not to assess.

Attachments:

More
10 years 1 month ago #8 by lewism
That might work, it's worth looking at it so I'll search to find out how it's done. I've never played with the Kunena templates but my wife has.

I was also thinking that maybe the Announcement function might work but I've yet to find a doc on how to configure it. I see that I can enable it in the configuration but it calls for my adding a user id but I don't see any place to add one.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #9 by sozzled
I think we can mark this topic resolved.

lewism wrote: That might work, it's worth looking at it so I'll search to find out how it's done. I've never played with the Kunena templates but my wife has.

In terms of "playing with the Kunena template", there are no changes that you have to make to the template code itself. What you need to do is to write a custom HTML module that displays the "banner" text/image and assign it to display in one of the Kunena template module positions. Assuming that you are using the Kunena Blue Eagle template, the module positions are listed in Module Positions

lewism wrote: I was also thinking that maybe the Announcement function might work but I've yet to find a doc on how to configure it.

Somewhat off-topic to the original question. I certain agree that what documentation currently exists - Kunena Announcements - is a little confusing and parts of it are outdated, there is other information available in K 3.0: How do I create announcements?

lewism wrote: I see that I can enable it in the configuration but it calls for my adding a user id but I don't see any place to add one.

What is "it" that "calls for adding a user ID"? I do not understand what you mean.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #10 by rich
Replied by rich on topic A notice when posting?

What is "it" that "calls for adding a user ID"? I do not understand what you mean.

Quote from the wiki:

Simply turn on announcements in the Kunena backend and enter the Joomla User-IDs of the moderators or administrators, who are entitled to write announcements.

but it is also added:

Starting with Kunena 2.0 : All Administrators & Global Moderators can create Announcements, and the option to enter the Joomla User-ID has been removed.

Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by rich.

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds