Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Uploading attachments problem (and a question)

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #1 by harmlessdrudge
Having migrated the contents of an old forum (from ning) to Kunena I'm now looking to load attachments.

Problem: loading of MS Office documents fails with no error message if the extension is ".docx" or ".xlsx" (more than 3 letters?)

Question: Is there by any chance any utility / php script available anywhere that would facilitate loading attachments given a series of files and corresponding message numbers?

I can see that I just need to move the files to directories named with the corresponding userids and then post the details (w/name, size and MD5 hash) to jos_kunena_attachments. What's the filetype field for?

In future I would like to post links to files in cloud storage and I may yet do this for old files; it's really a question of what's less work for the historical stuff just now.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by harmlessdrudge.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #2 by harmlessdrudge
Oops. I discovered allowable file types in the configuration.

Have constructed a SQL file with all the data I need to load; just need to know what the filetype is. It's blank for test files I've uploaded.

More
10 years 2 months ago #3 by sozzled
The "question" asked in this topic relates, in part, to the topic SQL query to populate user_topics table? and futher discussion on that question continues there.

The solution to the problem = loading of MS Office documents fails with no error message if the extension is ".docx" or ".xlsx") - is resolved by extending the list of allowable filetypes in the configuration settings.

Time to create page: 0.465 seconds