Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for discussing issues with the K 3.0 Blue Eagle template.

As general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

We do not answer questions about other templates for Kunena here.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Link colors don't follow css

More
10 years 9 months ago #1 by N6REJ
why when I try to change the link colors from whats showing in .css to colors set in my custom css does it not "take" unless I use "!important" which then overides ALL link colors including user and user group colors which is not what we want.

I'm not sure where its even picking up the color from.. there is not cache being used right now.
I've tried a few ways to code it in .css and nothing seems to be working.
Code:
/* link colors */ a:link, a:visited, a:active{ color: rgb(6, 228, 95); } #Kunena a:hover{ color: rgba(9, 234, 243, 0.98);] }

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 96M | Max file upload: 24M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : JowGradient | author: Troy T. Hall | version: 1.1.1 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.1 | creationdate: 2013-06-29

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.1 | 2013-06-29 [ Noordwijkerhout ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.0.1 | Content - Kunena Discuss 3.0.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1 | Kunena Stats 3.0.1 | Kunena Login 3.0.1 | Kunena Search 3.0.1

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Often there are some CSS rules in Joomla! or elsewhere which override rules defined in Kunena.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
10 years 9 months ago #3 by N6REJ
Replied by N6REJ on topic Link colors don't follow css
I'll bite.. but where? As you can see ( i hope ) from the inspector its not a .css it gives the filename as the link, which makes no sense to me.

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled

N6REJ wrote: I'm not sure where its even picking up the color from ...

Colours, in fact anything that renders HTML elements on your website, are defined in a number of places.

Some of these colours are defined within the Kunena component but the ultimate definition of colours (and other things) comes from your Joomla site template CSS file; such is the nature of CSS; such is the nature of Joomla that loads the site template CSS file last. Therefore, if you want to change the colours of things, look at your Joomla site template CSS file to make the changes that you need to make to override any other changes - including other places where the !important attribute may have been used - and add such changes to the end of the last-loaded CSS file used on your site. The most likely "last-loaded" CSS file is [one of your] Joomla site template CSS files; which one it is, in your case, is entirely dependent on the Joomla site template that you're using.

One (possible) solution - I've tried it on your site and it seems to work - is to add the following lines to the end of your file ../templates/jowgradient/css/custom.css:
Code:
#Kunena a:hover { color: rgba(9, 234, 243, 0.98) !important; }

Because one needs to login to view your forum, I cannot see all the places where these links are that you want to change the colours of. Perhaps, if you open up your forum so that non-registered people can view it, we may be able to help you better. In the meantime, I can only offer you the general advice which is to read My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena . Sorry, that's the best I can do in these circumstances. I hope this helps.
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #5 by N6REJ
well, I tried to open the "bugs" forum to your view but apparently i've got it locked down tight LOL..
but alterego-of-pwi.info/forum/trials is open and if you compare that to this image you'll see that its saying the alias is where its getting the .css from which makes absolutely no sense to me. If need be I don't mind pm'n u access.
I dont' know how to explain any clearer that its apparently not coming from anywhere that makes sense. I understand how this works but if you would please look closely you'll see that its not making sense at all. This template is a fork of protostar if that makes a diff.
as I said earlier Sozzled the problem with using !important is that then "normal" kunena link functions like moderator/admin/user colors no longer function.

another thing I notice is that its reporting the same element declaration twice which I've not seen before.
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by N6REJ.

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled
"Bugs" forum? What's that? :lol:

We do not have a PM feature on this site - we have not had a PM feature here since we abandoned our use of JomSocial nearly a year ago as part of the migration from J! 1.5 to J! 2.5 (see Changes at www.kunena.org ).

Did you try my suggestion to add the extra three lines to the end of your custom.css file?

I'm not sure what other issues this may raise because I'm not sure exactly which links - which a:hover rules - you want to modify. I may be able to assist you, one-one-one, via Skype if you would like to email me (my email address is on the team page) and I could, perhaps, talk you through the process. I don't use other kinds of IM systems to give this kind of help, if that's the kind of help you are looking for.

More
10 years 9 months ago #7 by N6REJ
hehehehe, yeah, I had to create a 'bugs" category as PF was far to heavy for what I'm doing ( crap I need to do to get kunena to look half decent -- no rag on kunena its never been "dark" friendly by default ) . I'll pop u on skype in a few minutes, I'm sure you know me on skype most likely.
And yeah, if I activate the {code]#Kunena a:hover {
color: rgba(9, 234, 243, 0.98) !important;
}[/code] it overrides but then like I said, it also overides all kwho- statements which is not at all whats wanted.
whats really really strange imo is that even putting the proper full kunena class doesn't change the colors UNLESS !important is used.

anywho, give me 10 then I'll holler
Attachments:

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #8 by sozzled

N6REJ wrote: I need to do to get kunena to look half decent -- no rag on Kunena its never been "dark" friendly by default.

True B)

N6REJ wrote: I'm sure you know me on skype most likely.

My memory is good but it's not that good. :lol: I don't have you on my list of contacts. We need to re-establish that. Send me an email to let me know your Skype details. Easier if we just talk it over. Joomla templates (not Kunena templates) are fiddly suckers and there's no sure-fire, one-size-fits-all solution in most cases.

More
10 years 9 months ago #9 by N6REJ
Sent
Bear

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #10 by N6REJ
Very nice meeting you on skype. I hope we can find out what in the world is going on so we can mark this solved.

UPDATE: turns out its related SOMEHOW to J! SEF. Happens in 2.5.11 and 3.x.. Totally don't understand whats going on, but least we have narrowed it down more.
so, the clamshell version is... J! SEF breaks link .css tracking... I think thats a good way to put it.
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by N6REJ.

Time to create page: 0.514 seconds