Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved No activity stream notification on JS 2.8

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #1 by 1001notte
Hi staff, hi people all

I'm using Kunena 2.0.4 and JomSocial 2.8.1

My Kunena plugin Integration with JomSocial is actived and configured.

When someone create or reply a topic no notification appears on JomSocial Activity Stream (frontend).

Some solution or cue?

Thanks
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by 1001notte.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #2 by John
Did you install the latest plugin for JomSocial? (even if you did...try to reinstall that plugin, I had the same problem last time)
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by John.

More
11 years 3 months ago #3 by 1001notte
Not, I didn't tryed it.

How I reinstall ONLY this pluging?

More
11 years 3 months ago #4 by 1001notte
I disintalled now plugin and reinstalled it.

Same result.

I keep having no forum notifications on the JS activity stream.

More
11 years 3 months ago #5 by Jiminimonka
The Kunena plugins for Jomsocial have not been updated to the latest version of JomSocial 2.8 which has only just been released.

Keep an eye out on Kunena.org for when those updates are available. At the moment all the developers are focusing on getting Kunena 3.0 ready, so there is no ETA for updated modules for JS 2.8.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #6 by sozzled
It is unlikely that the Kunena team will be updating the various add-ons that were available for JomSocial users.

The team has been involved with the JomSocial development team and, as I understand, reached an agreement for the JomSocial team to take over the development of the various Kunena add-ons that were originally built by the Kunena team. The association of JomSocial and iJoomla , has entered a new phase and may cast some doubt over the future of these add-ons. See JomSocial is entering a new age with iJoomla.com .

In short, we cannot say with any guarantees, how the future of these Kunena-designed add-ons for JomSocial will be maintained into the future. These add-ons, developed by the team for the team's own use when this site was using JomSocial software, are no longer part of the team core business. As the team continues to develop Kunena into the future, the team does not have the resources available to continue to work on some of these extra things (no matter how popular many of these other Joomla extensions may be). No decision has yet been taken. I am only informing you of the current thinking that is occurring within the Kunena team.

If people are concerned about the future of the integration of Kunena with other major Joomla extensions, like JomSocial for example, the best way to alleviate those concerns is to ask questions on the discussion forums managed by other Joomla developers.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John

More
11 years 3 months ago #7 by John
Just wondering....what is the link between the association between JomSocial and iJoomla and the release of Joomla 3.0.1? Why should that cast doubt over the future of these plugins?

Kunena is a great forum...just lacking some basic forum functionality included in other forum software. These plugins provide a link between Kunena and the missing features....I can't even send you a PM on this site. Are you sure Kunena is thinking about dropping these plugins? It provides a connection a lot of websites need.

More
11 years 3 months ago #8 by sozzled
As far as being sure about my information, the easiest way to address your concerns to is ask your question in the JomSocial forum. This is not the JomSocial forum. The Kunena team has no obligation to support JomSocial.

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #9 by Jiminimonka
Matias is in touch with the Jomsocial team on this subject, and once there is any news, I will pass on that information. However, as sozzled said, if you also ask on the Jomsocial forums, and express your interest that might speed things up.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Jiminimonka.

More
11 years 3 months ago #10 by John

sozzled wrote: As far as being sure about my information, the easiest way to address your concerns to is ask your question in the JomSocial forum. This is not the JomSocial forum. The Kunena team has no obligation to support JomSocial.

Well...with this kind of answers...plainly rude, talking to me like I am an idiot, not answering the questions... As helpfull as you can sometimes be Sozzled...you also have the tendency to be rude where it is not neccesary.

Time to create page: 0.515 seconds