Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Kunena login - log in works, registration triggers 404 error?

More
11 years 6 months ago #1 by aly22
Not a clue what I am missing here?! I can log in as administrator from the frontend, but when trying to register a test account -- 404 Component not found?

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 90 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 100M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : ecospa | author: JoomlaXTC | version: 1.3.1 | creationdate: 2011-12-30

Kunena default template details : Bloggy - Kunena 2.0 | author: TemplateKunena.com | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: 01.09.2012

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.2 | 2012-09-02 [ Botschafter ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.1 | Kunena Login 2.0.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled
I suggest that you do the following:

(1) Use the standard Kunena menu (see The Kunena Menu )
(2) Use the standard K 2.0 Blue Eagle template or discuss your issue with the developer(s) of the template that you are using.
(3) Update Kunena Discuss plugin
(4) Update Kunena Latest module
(5) Read the advice about Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)

More
11 years 6 months ago #3 by aly22
Changed to default K2.0 Blue Eagle and tried the registration link from Kunena/template menu (not from login module) and same result.

Forum is here:

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 90 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 100M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : ecospa | author: JoomlaXTC | version: 1.3.1 | creationdate: 2011-12-30

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.2 | creationdate: 2012-09-02

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.2 | Kunena Stats 2.0.2 | Kunena Login 2.0.2 | Kunena Search 2.0.2

More
11 years 6 months ago #4 by sozzled

sozzled wrote: I suggest that you do the following:

(1) Use the standard Kunena menu (see The Kunena Menu )
[strike](2) Use the standard K 2.0 Blue Eagle template or discuss your issue with the developer(s) of the template that you are using.
(3) Update Kunena Discuss plugin
(4) Update Kunena Latest module[/strike]
(5) Read the advice about Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)

You have not changed anything in these two areas.

More
11 years 6 months ago #5 by aly22
The link provided to the (see The Kunena Menu) page doesn't seem to answer how to go about using the standard Kunena menu. What am I not seeing? I want the Forum link to be part of my main menu throughout the site and enable drop-down (dualfish) for Kunena sub-menus.

Can you/someone take a look again and let me know if I am getting any closer? Registration is still throwing a 404 error.

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 90 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 100M

Kunena menu details:

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.2 | creationdate: 2012-09-02

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.2 | Kunena Stats 2.0.2 | Kunena Login 2.0.2 | Kunena Search 2.0.2

More
11 years 6 months ago #6 by sozzled
The link that I gave you before - The Kunena Menu - has a video that shows you how to restore the standard Kunena menu. Watch the video and follow the process on your site. I hope that helps.

More
11 years 6 months ago #7 by aly22
still not working :( I followed the video exactly, restored Kunena menu, etc. etc. and still registration throws a 404. I can log in as admin (from frontend) but cannot register new users)

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #8 by sozzled
Have you tried to build a completely new site for testing, following the guide given in When all else fails, try this .

One point that we have to be absolutely clear about is this:
Kunena is not responsible for user registration or login to your website.

If you have a standard Joomla configuration and you can register new users with a standard Joomla configuration then adding Kunena should not affect the ability for people to register on your website. If you have changed the Joomla configuration in some way and people cannot register at your website then I do not think this is a problem caused by Kunena. If you want to prove this, beyond any doubt, uninistall Kunena from your website and see if people encounter these 404 errors.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aly22

More
11 years 6 months ago #9 by aly22
Ok, seems the problem is/was with K2 component. I've now uninstalled all K2 elements and the login/registration is working. Thank you.

More
11 years 6 months ago #10 by sozzled
The following user(s) said Thank You: aly22

Time to create page: 0.507 seconds