Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Important Editing menu items on the JomSocial toolbar

More
12 years 1 month ago #1 by jisaiah14
I ahve Jomsocial and Kunena integrated and working perfectly together. The only thing I need to change is the "Forum" tab on top of JomSocial. If you hover over it, It has 2 fields I want to take off ("Edit Profile" and "My Profile"). How do I take these 2 links out of that tab?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, jisaiah14, and welcome to Kunena.

See msg #1 in this topic.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #3 by jisaiah14
Thanks bud. I have seen message #1 and can not find the answer to my question. I am not having a javascript/mootools problem, I would just like to remove 2 links from JomSocial that kunena created and need to know which file to edit in order to make it possible.

I contacted JomSocial and they advised me it was Kunena that created the tab, mentioned earlier, on JomSocial when Kunena was integrated and not their software.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by jisaiah14.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
I'm very sorry; that was my mistake. I merged your question with the wrong topic. I have fixed my mistake.

This is a frequently asked question. See the FAQs menu item located above the forum, and read How do I edit, hide, disable or translate menu items in Kunena (e.g. rules, help, search)?
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #5 by jisaiah14
That's quite alright bud. Still can't find the answer I am looking for, however. The tab in question is not on Kunena, but it is located on JomSocial. I have checked both the JomSocial Menu and the Kunena Menu and the tab is not there. It is somewhere in a file because when I take off the Kunena and JomSocial Integration, the tab disappears.

A perfect example would be if you visit www.kunena.org/people and hover on the profile tab, you will see the 2 fields I want to delete from my JomSocial.

More
12 years 1 month ago #6 by sozzled
Thank you for explaining the exact nature of your problem. I apologise again for my misunderstanding of the problem - questions about JomSocial have never been my strong point.

I am quite surprised that no-one has asked us a question on this subject before or, if they have asked us, why jisaiah14 was unable to find an answer sooner.

This is an illustration of the issue.

The situation is no different to editing any Joomla menu (regardless of how the menu items were created on the menu in the first place). Just as we have mentioned in the FAQs in relation to the Kunena menu, the JomSocial toobar is no different. The solution is to use the Joomla Menu Manager but, in this case, to edit the items that appear on the "JomSocial toolbar" menu, not the "Kunena Menu" menu.

This is a screenshot of the "JomSocial toolbar" menu (taken from this website) which shows you what you need to do.

I hope this is easy enough to understand.
Attachments:

More
12 years 1 month ago #7 by jisaiah14
I have attached 2 images displaying what I would like taken off. On the 2nd image, you can see that on the JomSocial Menu (Joomla Admin backend) there is no menu item called "Forum". That is how I know that it is in a file somewhere and not inside the Joomla menu manager (It is only created when I link JomSocial and Kunena together for integration, and it disappears when I break the integration).
Attachments:

More
12 years 1 month ago #8 by sozzled
I cannot read the detail in your second image.

You should be able to find the menu items if you browse the Joomla Menu Manager. You can delete the items if you unpublish them. If you would like someone else to do this for you (I would think the offers will eagerly be made if you're prepared to offer payment for someone else's time) then I'm sure this matter can be resolved very quickly.

I am confident that the only tool you need to diagnose and fix your problem is the Joomla Menu Manager.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #9 by jisaiah14
I am 100% sure that the tab "Forums" is NOT in either the Kunena or the JomSocial Menus (under the Joomla Admin Backend). I have been using Joomla since 1.5 (and I am very familiar with JomSocial) and know the ins and outs. I am sure that a file from Kunena is creating this tab on JomSocial. That is the only other explanation. If it isn't inside the ANY of the menus on the admin menu manager, it has to be a file creating it.

I guess you aren't understanding the problem so i will just check every file on the Kunena install.

Thanks for the attempt to help though bud.

More
12 years 1 month ago #10 by Jiminimonka
I am certain, that all Kunena and JomSocial menus are part of the Joomla menu system. So if its not in the list on your screenshot, either you do not have enough menu items showing or I don't know what.

Please create an admin acoount for your website and post it here inside
Code:
[confidential]password username [/confidential]
tags so only Kunena moderators/admins can see it, and then perhaps we can take a look.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

Time to create page: 0.748 seconds