Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question JomSocial Kunena Groups Plug-in

More
12 years 8 months ago #11 by MikeMikeMike
Thank you for the info. This sounds pretty useful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #12 by Griz44
Also, does this plugin work with Joomla 1.6?

More
12 years 5 months ago #13 by Acapulco Kevin
Is this plugin supposed to work with Joomla 1.7.1 ?

Everyone seems to be on the rename everything bandwagon. Hey Joomla has version 1.7 so lets name everything 1.7 even if it does not work.

What do I need to do to make this plugin work? I am on my ow server and can do whatever is needed. Thanks.

More
12 years 5 months ago #14 by Matias
Kunena 1.7.0 has the same name by accident -- we just needed to use the next available minor number as the release was more than another 1.6 bug fix.

I think we made some tests on it under Joomla 1.6, but I'm not sure if it's actually working in J1.7. We don't have too many testers running on Joomla 1.7 sites and having JomSocial installed, so the plugin hasn't got too many bug reports.

More
12 years 5 months ago #15 by Hangman
We are running Joomla 1.7.2 with the latest Kunena and Jomsocial and can confirm the plugin works with no issues.

More
12 years 5 months ago #16 by trodebac28
In case you're interested, we've developed a commercial tool that integrates JomSocial group discussions with the Kunena Forum: JS G-KUNENA .

It works with Joomla! 1.5 & 1.7; Kunena 1.5, 1.6 & 1.7; and JomSocial 1.2, 1.5, 1.6, 1.8, 2.0 & 2.2.

It includes automatic forum creation, automatic forum subscription for group members, and a JomSocial-Kunena toolbar. It does not handle member access rights to the forums because of ACL limitations that are not in our hands (they depend on Joomla!, Kunena and JomSocial).

As mentioned in another forum, Jomsocial needs to improve his API to easily integrate these two products. In the meantime, you can use JS G-KUNENA , that handles the substitution of up to 5 JomSocial template files for each template, for the given versions.

More
12 years 5 months ago #17 by Acapulco Kevin

Hangman wrote: We are running Joomla 1.7.2 with the latest Kunena and Jomsocial and can confirm the plugin works with no issues.

Yes, It does work perfectly but really does - Nothing - Except add a topic to the forum and absolutely nothing else.

More
12 years 4 months ago #18 by Hangman
It depends on your expectations, we were under no elisions that all this plugin did was create a forum for each group as they were/are created, thats all we wanted it to do and it does it well.
Im sure at some point some one some where will update it or another plugin will be created that suits everyones needs but until then this is all that exists.

More
12 years 4 months ago #19 by trodebac28
If you want to handle JomSocial discussions using the Kunena forum, the information in this thread may help you. It's a powerful solution that really works: www.kunena.org/forum/11-jomsocial/110854...-links-subscriptions

Kind regards.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #20 by audioindo
Hi, I did config the plugins and it creates automatically in Kunena Forum.
But, I tested using an account and find that I can post in there even I'm not join any groups...
How to set this only for user who join the group?
And will it override the default JS group discussion? because I can see the "create discussion" on JS group and when I click it it's not redirect me to the forum. I even disabling the discussion on JS config but I still can see this link.

Joomla 1.7.2, JomSocial 2.4.1, Kunena 1.7

Thanks
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by audioindo. Reason: adding questions

Time to create page: 0.445 seconds