Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Posts from users with private profile in activity stream

More
13 years 2 months ago #1 by KimH
Hi,

one of our forums is restricted to be accessed only by registered users. Posts from this forum are not shown in the JomSocial activity stream for neither registered users or guests. How can I make posts from this restricted forum visible in the JomSocial activity stream for users which are logged in.

Regards
Kim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #2 by KimH
Hi,

I have noticed that forum posts from users with their JomSocial profile privacy set to 'members only' are not shown in the activity stream.

I am aware that this can be overruled by setting "Activity display privacy" to "Public, do not respect user privacy" in JomSocial backend.

But is this the intended use? I meen, if a user wants his profile only visible to members does not meen that his post to a public forum should be hidden from the activity stream... or am i wrong here.

Please let me know which options I have to change this behavior.

Regards
Kim

More
13 years 2 months ago #3 by PascM
I think that this is a Jomsocial question, but from what i know yes if a user has set activity display privacy to personal or something similar then this is the correct action.

Kunena is not publishing on JS activity, it just sends the activity to JS and JS manages everything else.

More
13 years 2 months ago #4 by KimH
It seems that a moderator merged the 2 different issues I have in this thread... Why is that?

Anyway, I am still looking for solutions to both on them.

/Kim

More
13 years 2 months ago #5 by PascM
Are you using the latest JS version?

More
13 years 2 months ago #6 by KimH

PascM wrote: Are you using the latest JS version?

Yes, Jomsocial 2.0.5 and Kunena 1.6.3

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #7 by SinisaKrisan

PascM wrote: Kunena is not publishing on JS activity, it just sends the activity to JS and JS manages everything else.

There is so much failure in this sentence.

Jomsocial provides the API for third party components to use the Activity Stream
Kunena does gather all needed informations, prepare them, and at the end of the day, writes into Jomsocial Activity stream.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by SinisaKrisan.

More
13 years 1 month ago #8 by Matias
JomSocial does not have Joomla groups based ACL, which restricts what we can do with activity stream. I believe that they have only following options: All / Registered / Member of JomSocial Group.

More
13 years 1 month ago #9 by KimH

Matias wrote: JomSocial does not have Joomla groups based ACL, which restricts what we can do with activity stream. I believe that they have only following options: All / Registered / Member of JomSocial Group.

Thanks for the info. Then I guess it should be possible to show activities from a 'Registered only' forum to only registered users in the activity stream - right? Because that is not the way it works at the moment.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #10 by woonydanny

Matias wrote: JomSocial does not have Joomla groups based ACL, which restricts what we can do with activity stream. I believe that they have only following options: All / Registered / Member of JomSocial Group.

Ok, so if i have a forum category that I only want viewable by my forum moderators, how can i achieve this such that threads don't show up in the public viewable activity stream of Jomsocial?

I have made the kunena forum category only have access by Editors (joomla 1.5). But when i view the activity stream not logged in I (as a guest) can see the activity in the stream for the moderator only posts (although i cannot click through and see the actual post) - but i dont want people seeing even the title of the forum posts of moderator only threads.

any advice please

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by woonydanny.

Time to create page: 0.522 seconds