Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Change login caption from "Username" to "Email Address"

More
12 years 4 months ago #1 by lukavac
:) hello there

Im on joomla 1.7 and CB.

When i login through CB login module on my homepage and go to forum i see 9 tabs:
index, recent topics, new topics, no replays, my topics, profile, rules, help, search.

And when i login through forum i see only 5 tabs:
index, recent topics, rules, help, search.

why i have that difference ? ...

And one more thing...in menu, i made 1 link visible only to registrated user... but when i login through forum, i dont see that link... and when i login through CB login module i see it.

I need CB and forum to work as a brother and sister :) pls help me :)

Regards

(and btw "subscribe" button is missing :S ...and option for subscribe is enabled..and thoughts? )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, lukavac, and welcome to Kunena.

Please read the posing guide printed at the top of this page. When we know more about your site we may be able to offer you suggestions as to why you are having problems. Alternatively, I you may want to read the Kunena release notes about integrating with Community Builder.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 4 months ago #3 by lukavac
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 20M

Joomla default template details : jp_sport | author: Joomlaplates.com | version: 1.6.001 | creationdate: July 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 2011-08-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.0 | Build: 5135 | Version name: Tale | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7 | UddeIm 2.5

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Im new to joomla/cb/kunena and its all good except kunena login.... (i think, buth hey, what do i kn ow :S)

CB login is working good = after login i see modules that are set up to be visible only to registered users, but when i login through kunena login on top of forum i cant see those modules.

I have disabled and trashed all modules from joomla login.

I have disabled registration through joomla, and enabled through CB only. (i think this is not important for this issue but still)

I know i can disable forum login, and there is no way anyone can login that way anymore then and only through CB login...but i don't know is that ok solution. As im new to joomla, cb and kunena and im scared to have problems once i start my website :(

More
12 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
Thanks for posting your configuration report. Yes, this problem was fixed in K 1.7.1! :)

You should also upgrade to J! 1.7.3, too. ;)

More
12 years 4 months ago #5 by lukavac
Thx for answer BUT nothing has changed.

I upgraded to kunena 1.7.1 and J! 1.7.3 ....no changes, same problem.

any suggestions ?

More
12 years 4 months ago #6 by sozzled
Please use Community Builder 1.7.1 and make sure that you install the correct version of mod_cblogin.

More
12 years 4 months ago #7 by lukavac

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 20M

Joomla default template details : jp_sport | author: Joomlaplates.com | version: 1.6.001 | creationdate: July 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7.1 | UddeIm 2.5

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Ok im all done with upgrading and problem is still here.

i reinstall all CB plugins, i put new CB login plugin, removed old one etc.

i need to say i have made that my users login with email and pass, but on forum login there is still username and password .....not email and password boxes but when i put email in username box i can login its ok.

Any suggestions how can i get forum login to work like CBlogin module?

thx

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #8 by sozzled

lukavac wrote: ... when i put email in username box i can login ...

So you can login! :woohoo: That's the important part. You just want to change the text from "Username" to "Email address". The reason that it's taken me so long to give you an answer is because I did not fully understand the subject of this topic. I've changed the subject now so that other people can also help us better.

I looked at your site. You have two places on your Kunena forum page where people can login. I suggest that you change your Kunena settings: Forum Configuation » Integration » Integration Options » Login and Registration = None

I'm sure that will make things a lot easier for you and there's nothing else that you need to change. You also might like to read Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) in the Wiki. This will actually make your URLs look a lot better if you use the Joomla recommended values. ;)

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #9 by lukavac
I suggested that long time ago, to turn off forum login, but i was asking from You to give me solution for that login to work all right.

I did change USERNAME into EMAIL, bit it got old name after upgrade. That is not connected with joomla the way it should be, looks to me :)

And i could always login, that was not a problem...problem start after login.

But is turn off forum login is a solution, then ok, ill go with it ...and ill setup one more modul on forum page so people can see login and register buttons and thats it.

All good? :)
i dont know is my mistake, but you totally misunderstand me :D You are putting this topic in wrong place first time, and now you gave it wrong title, i guess you have lots of topics to answer and its not easy always specially when sometimes we dont speak good english.

my problem is when i login through forum login is not same as when i login through CB login module.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by lukavac.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #10 by sozzled

lukavac wrote: I know i can disable forum login, and there is no way anyone can login that way anymore then and only through CB login...but i don't know is that ok solution.

Well, I'm sorry. I thought you were saying that there was something not working in Kunena.

The important thing is that you and your users can login. I don't see a problem with using the CB login module on the page as you now have it.

The only thing "not working" is the caption - the one that says username instead of email-address.

I've suggested an easy solution. Do you want me to tell you how to change the text, from "username" to "email address"?

It's very important we all understand the subject. That's why I had so much trouble with this topic that originally had a confusing title: "Login through kunena forum is different then..." (which means what exactly?) I hope that you now understand our problem and why it has taken us so long to help you.

Time to create page: 0.473 seconds