Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question [RESOLVED] Trying to install Kunena; Community Builder gets in the way

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #1 by suptm01
Hi I am trying to get this installed and working only I keep getting 500 Internal Server error when clicking the forum configuration button (or when I try to access the menu links from my website).

I have got the config settings below.

Thanks

Tony

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : ja_purity_ii | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.2.1 | creationdate: June 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.5 | creationdate: 2011-07-27

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.5 | Build: 5005 | Version name: Babel | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Installing Kunena
Hello,

Please enable debug mode into Kunena and Joomla! configuration panel to see what's happen

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 4 months ago #3 by suptm01
Replied by suptm01 on topic Re: Installing Kunena
I have enabled the debug mode in global config. When I open up the control panel for Kunena it shows the attached pic, but then when I click forum config it shows the next pic (with no information at the bottom of screen)

I use CB 1.7.1, will be making a difference ?

Thanks

Tony
Attachments:

More
12 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
K 1.6.5 is not a supported version of Kunena.

More
12 years 4 months ago #5 by Topaz
Replied by Topaz on topic Re: Installing Kunena
Update to K1.7.1 returns a 500 error when clicking the forum button on the front end. Have made a successful update on a similar site. But this one site the Forum link only works when SEF is off in Joomla's Global config.

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 24M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : phoca_nature | author: Jan Pavelka ( www.phoca.cz ) | version: 1.0.1 | creationdate: 18/06/2008

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: ARTIO JoomSEF: The file doesn't exist sef.xml !

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #6 by suptm01

sozzled wrote: K 1.6.5 is not a supported version of Kunena.

I first tried 1.7.1 with same results which is why i tried an older version to see if it helps, clearly not :(

also worth noting I did a jupgrade on this site to joomla 1.7 and that works ok (well the config page loads at least)
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by suptm01.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #7 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Installing Kunena

Topaz wrote: Update to K1.7.1 returns a 500 error when clicking the forum button on the front end. Have made a successful update on a similar site. But this one site the Forum link only works when SEF is off in Joomla's Global config.

Totally different subject!

For everyone's information, there are about 9,230,000 possible reasons why people get HTTP 500 Internal Server Errors. Just about every case is different. HTTP 500 Internal Server Errors may be caused by Kunena but, in the greater proportion of cases, it is not caused by Kunena. Rather the error is caused by something else needed by Kunena that's missing/broken or it has nothing to do with Kunena at all.

As far as Joomla is concerned, the best way to diagnose the cause of the HTTP 550 Internal Server Error is to enable Joomla debug mode and to look at the Apache server logs. If you search this forum for "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error" you will find several hundred questions on this subject. Our response has, typically, been the same: enable debug mode and find what's causing the error. Then deal with the cause of the error (and, in some cases, this may involved uninstalling a conflicting/broken Joomla extension.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 4 months ago #8 by sozzled

suptm01 wrote: ... also worth noting I did a jupgrade on this site to joomla 1.7 ...

Yes, that was a vital piece of information missing from the topic. Looks like you have a J! 1.5 extension that's incompatible with J! 1.7. You need to remove it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: suptm01

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #9 by suptm01
Ok I removed jupgrade from my 1.5.25 version of joomla and cleaned up kunena and tried to re-install without succes. Thanks for your help guys, but as sozzled said there could be lots of reason why this fails, and plenty of topics about it so Im gonna go quiet and try and work this out. I will of course come back with updates etc.

Just as a side note, I have another website on the same web host (hostpapa) and it just installed fine so it rules out any hosting issues etc.

Thanks everyone
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by suptm01.

More
12 years 4 months ago #10 by suptm01
its really annoying me now this, i have hunted most of the 500 internal errors and most of them refer to a fatal error which i dont get. all other buttons like category i can get into but configuration i cant. i have practically stripped it down to barebones joomla installation and to no avail. i have compared my other joomla site which works (sits on same host, both on linux btw). sorry for mythering

Time to create page: 0.516 seconds