Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question No unicode URLS after upgrading to K1.7.1

More
12 years 4 months ago #1 by etkritikonspoudon
After upgrading to K1.7.1 from K1.7.0 I no longer have unicode URLS (no greek characters that is), but a long string of "%" and latin letters and numbers...
With Kunena this used to be the case all along with IE for me, didn't read the url properly, but now I am getting the same behaviour with Firefox, which tells me that something is wrong.
Also, the page never finishes loading.

you can take a look here

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 2M

Joomla default template details : rt_versatility4_j15 | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.5.4 | creationdate: August 20, 2010

Kunena default template details : eksikeu | author: etkritikonspoudon | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-05-10

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.1 | Kunena Discuss 1.7.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.1 | Kunena Stats 1.7.1 | Kunena Login 1.7.1 | Kunena Search 1.7.1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Maybe you can try this change : github.com/810/Kunena-1.6/commit/85d6256...0037b0488014b017cd48

Just keep a copy of the existing file, if you want to come back at teh old state

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 4 months ago #3 by 810
first Backup your database,
regards 810

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #4 by Matias
Regarding to the fix above, it works in most cases, but breaks existing URLs. It also breaks against HTTP RFC, meaning that some firewalls may block redirects back to the pages as illegal / hacking attempt (for example when you reply a post).

RE: K1.7.1: It looks like this will fix everything else than IE:

components/com_kunena/router.php lines 100-102:
Code:
function filterOutput($str) { return JString::trim ( preg_replace ( array ('/\s+/', '/[\$\&\რ\+\,\/\:\;\=\?\@\'\"\<\>\#\%\{\}\|\\\^\~\[\]\`\.]/' ), array ('-', '' ), $str ) ); }

Replace it with:
Code:
function filterOutput($str) { return JString::trim ( preg_replace ( array ('/\s+/', '/[\$\&\რ\+\,\/\:\;\=\?\@\'\"\<\>\#\%\{\}\|\\\^\~\[\]\`\.]/u' ), array ('-', '' ), $str ) ); }

We are looking at better fix, that will fix all of the issues at once.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by Matias.
The following user(s) said Thank You: etkritikonspoudon

More
12 years 4 months ago #5 by etkritikonspoudon
Thank you for your suggested fix..

I have tried it myself and I can confirm it works for me too.

Will be waiting for the general fix.

Cheers

More
12 years 4 months ago #6 by chessfarrell
Hello,

It seems I'm experiencing the same problem, but I'd rather be sure.

When I create a message whose title includes, to take an actual case, an "à" (the whole title was "Mise à jour"), the link in the category looks like this: 305-Mise-%C3-jour#305, with the "à" being replaced with "%C3". And when I click on it, it doesn't work (I get the typical message error). But if I replace the "%C3" with "à" (305-Mise-à-jour#305), then I can access the message.

Is it the same problem (which means I can try the fixes that are mentioned here) or is it something else (in which case I'll create a new post)?

Thanks a lot for the information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 65M

Joomla default template details : silverlab | author: LineLab.org | version: 1.1 | creationdate: 2.3.2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.0

More
12 years 4 months ago #7 by sozzled
I'm not sure if your problem is similar or whether it's fixed by the suggestions made in this topic. Have you tried any of those suggestions?

I would also recommend that you upgrade Kunena Latest to version 1.7.1 and that you read carefully, and follow the advice given in, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)

More
12 years 4 months ago #8 by etkritikonspoudon

sozzled wrote: I'm not sure if your problem is similar or whether it's fixed by the suggestions made in this topic. Have you tried any of those suggestions?

I would also recommend that you upgrade Kunena Latest to version 1.7.1 and that you read carefully, and follow the advice given in, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)

Could you explain why "Unicode Aliases" option should be set to "No" in Joomla 1.7?

More
12 years 4 months ago #9 by chessfarrell
Thank you for your answer. I was actually using Kunena 1.7.1 but I forgot to upgrade the Latest Module.

I didn't try any of the suggestions, not because I was lazy, but because I wasn't not sure the problem was similar to the one mentioned here.

But thanks to you, I had a closer look at the SEO settings, and found a way out of the problem. I disabled "Activate UTF-8 support" (approximate translation as my forum is in French). This way, it deletes the accents when creating the URL in the category page. But I don't think it's a fix because if I had a lot of posts with these accents, I think I would have to edit each title. And it wasn't a problem before, so I don't get how come it's a problem now.

Thanks again for your comment.

More
12 years 4 months ago #10 by sozzled

chessfarrell wrote: I think I would have to edit each title.

I don't think you will have to change anything.

Time to create page: 0.524 seconds