Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question User List and JomSocial

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #1 by justdietnow
Since I've installed Jomsocial along with Kunena, I now have problems with my SEF urls. when I click on the User List at the bottom of the page, it redirects me to the "search" page and not the user list?

Anyone else experience this. What is the fix?

Also, when I go to view a user profile when I'm not logged in, it doesn't let me. It prompts me to log in. Even though I have the box checked to allow non registered users view profiles.

UPDATE: If I remove SEF Urls the first problem is fixed and it works fine. But if I have them enabled, it DOES NOT work. I would like to have SEF urls though.

Still not sure about why I can't view a user profile. if not logged in
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by justdietnow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

For the userlist link you need to change in /administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/integration/jomsocial/profile.php line 32 the link, but i don't know if this behaviour it's wanted or not

For the profile i need ot check it more closer

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #3 by justdietnow
Ok Thanks, please let me know what I have to change on that line 32? What URL does this need to be??

I changed it to this URL: index.php?option=com_community&view=search&task=browse&sort=latest&Itemid=1260

Then changed back to enabled SEF urls. But still doesn't work? It still directs to "Search" page.

And let me know once you figure out the other fix as well.

Thanks so much.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #4 by justdietnow

More
12 years 6 months ago #5 by justdietnow
Anyone??

More
12 years 6 months ago #6 by xillibit
Try with this url : index.php?option=com_community&view=friends

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 6 months ago #7 by justdietnow
Nope, that didn't do it. I also noticed when I have SEF Urls enabled, not all functions work on the user profile page. If I click on the "Friends" tab and then any one of the options there, it just brings me to my main profile page?

Hope this can be fixed as it seems to be a serious bug with Jomsocial and Kunena forums.

Thanks.

More
12 years 5 months ago #8 by queenlylah
Has anyone figured this out? I'm thinking about adding a forum to a client' site I manage in order to get more "fresh" content generated on a consistent basis as it appears that the search engines are favoring non-static sites more and more but I would like to use SEF urls as well.

More
12 years 5 months ago #9 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: User List and JomSocial
General questions about SEF URLs are tackled by reading Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) . I hope that helps.

More
12 years 3 months ago #10 by justdietnow
This answer DOES NOT answer how to fix this solution. I am done with Kunena and migrating to PHPbb. I like the fact that you have the forums for help (WHICH SEEM TO BE SEF Friendly!)

How come you cannot solve this problem for us?

Oh well.... PHPbb is much better IMO.

Thanks anyway

Time to create page: 0.521 seconds