Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This section is for questions directly related to the procedure for installing Kunena for the first time or upgrading from an older version of Kunena.

Use this category:
  • to ask how to install or upgrade; or
  • if you encountered problems during the installation or upgrade procedure.

Use a different category to ask questions about problems that you may be having after you successfully installed or upgraded the currently supported version. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

Solved Unable to install Kunena!

More
6 years 10 months ago #1 by ahidman
Hey!

I'm trying to install Kunena version 5.0.9 on my Joomla! site, version 3.7.2, but I get the following message.

See image:
www.screencast.com/t/4U50CcqQ

What to do?
Best regards
Anders Hidman
Swedem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Unable to install Kunena!
It's a clean Joomla installation? Empty the cache anf tyit again.

More
6 years 10 months ago #3 by spejset
Replied by spejset on topic Unable to install Kunena!
I have emptied both the browser's cach and the Joomla! system cach, but still get the same error message!

BR
Anders

More
6 years 10 months ago #4 by rich

rich wrote: It's a clean Joomla installation?

Set in the Joomla Global Configuration -> (tab) Server -> Error Reporting = Maximum. Maybe then the error message is more exactly.
And try the installation via URL.

More
6 years 10 months ago #5 by spejset
Sorry, but I'm a new Joomla user! And do not understand what you mean.
Can you please help me install Kunena if I send you my site admin login data, ftp login data and phpMyAdmin login data?

Best regards
Anders Hidman
Sweden

More
6 years 10 months ago #6 by rich
You have already a backup? I can try it. You can send the access data to rich@*kunena.org (address without star). But at the moment is a admin for the backend enough.

More
6 years 5 months ago #7 by spejset
Hi!
I see you have been logged in on 2017-10-12 22:59:3 and then probably tried to help me with the installation, But you also do not seem to be able to fix the installation

I have not heard anything from you ever since. Have you just given up?
I really need Kunena on my site!!

BR
Anders Hidman
Sweden

More
6 years 5 months ago #8 by rich
I'm sorry! Yes I had a look at it, and forget to answer. Currently I'm not quite fit, that's why I'm rarely here in the forum. Sorry again.
You have installed many extensions. Therefore it was too risk for me, on your life page to experiment, without backup.

More
6 years 5 months ago #9 by spejset
I have now taken a full backup on my site so you is free to try to install Kunena now

BR
Anders

More
6 years 5 months ago #10 by rich
Done. It was not possible to install Kunena on your server. I think, your cross system cache prevented it, but I'm not sure.
I've copied your complete page and Kunena installed without problems local. Then I've transfered the relevant folders include database to your page.
Please check your page several days, and if all is ok, go in your database. You will see tables with the prefix back_ . That are your old tables before Kunena has worked, and you don't need them anymore. I have not deleted the old tables only renamed the prefixes (as quickly backup).
Please check also the configuration.php and set the access to read only (chmod 444). I've tried t but it remain 644

1. In "Backend -> Kunena -> Templates -> Crypsis -> Featues" I've selected:
Icon Type = Fontawesome
Load External CDN Fontawesome = Yes
If you want other symbols, then change this setting.

2. I've enabled in "Backend -> Kunena -> Plugins -> Kunena - JomSocial Integration"
If you want the Kunena profile, then disable this plugin.

Time to create page: 0.536 seconds