Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please note: The Kunena project team takes NO responsibility for maintaining nor supporting anything in this category.

Question Adding a Paid feature

More
6 years 7 months ago #1 by eddiej211
Hello,

I currently have a Kunena forum website. What I want to do is to integrate a 'paid' forum website.

Basically, if you want to view the website, you will be able to for free (like it is currently). If you want to join a conversation or post a conversation, you will be required to subscribe to a paid membership.

I'm using Membership Pro and hoping this will work (unless Kunena has a Pay for Membership component?)
So, once someone clicks on log in, the choices are to log in, forgot your password? forgot your username and Create an account.

Once you click on create an account, you will then be directed to page ( Membership Pro or Kunena version) where you can choose a level of membership. Once completed and paid for, you will then be redirected to the forum page, log in and have full forum access.

I hope this makes sense. More importantly, I hope this can be done.

Thank you,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #2 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Adding a Paid feature
You don't need have a extra plugin.

Just use usergroups for that. Create a new usergroup for each level. Like if you have bronze, gold or zilver payment.
Then you can create an usergroup for each level, then set the categories the right permissions to view or to post/reply with the correct usergroups.

If you have just one level. Then do the same.

More
6 years 7 months ago #3 by eddiej211
Replied by eddiej211 on topic Adding a Paid feature
Thank you for your reply.

I'm very familiar with Joomla, however, rarely do I work with specific user groups.

So I a m clear, I can set user group in Kunena to "View Only" (no posting, no responding) and another group to have full use of the forum, creating a topic, edit, respond etc?

Thank you.

More
6 years 7 months ago #4 by eddiej211
Hello,

I have created the user group Free Membership. I have also denied all permissions, some permission, turned them all on, etc... and in each case, I'm logged in as a free membership, I can view the categories on the forum and I can still post / reply. Is there a way we can screen share this? I'm apparently not doing this correctly.

Can you please advise instructions via link? Do you offer support? Paid support?

More
6 years 7 months ago #5 by rich

More
6 years 7 months ago #6 by eddiej211
Thank you for the link.

I configured this as you had advised earlier, and for good measure, I clicked on this link and did the exact same thing again. I turned off all the permissions to deny for the user group "Free Membership" yet I can still post logged in under a free membership.
there has to be a step I am missing?

More
6 years 7 months ago #7 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Adding a Paid feature

I can still post logged in under a free membership.

You are logged in as normal registered user? If you are admin or global moderator, you have always access. When is all configured correctly, should only the user group Membership, Admins and Global Moderators" see this category.

More
6 years 7 months ago #8 by eddiej211
I used a different computer to log in to the forum under the Free Membership user group, and I have complete access with the ability to post / reply / create etc...

Can we personal message? I can give you access to the admin side to review?

More
6 years 7 months ago #9 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Adding a Paid feature
You can send it to rich@*kunena.org I'll look what's not correct in your settings.

More
6 years 7 months ago #10 by eddiej211
I sent it to [email protected] (without the *) from Webcentric Communications, same subject line: Adding a Paid feature

Time to create page: 0.409 seconds