Kunena 5.1 Released (13 May 2018)

The Kunena team is pleased to announce Kunena 5.1.0 [K 5.1.0].
Please read the blog post for information: www.kunena.org/blog/192-kunena-5-1-released

× Please note: The Kunena project team takes NO responsibility for maintaining nor supporting anything in this category.

Question Has anybody try to use kunena forum from the smartphone?

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #11 by Oscarfishlover
Funny that this post should be here, I've come here for a very similar reason. For quite a few years now I've had the Tapatalk plug-in installed which enables users who have this application on the smart phone to use my forum from the Tapatalk application. I disabled the plug-in a few weeks ago because somebody told me it can effect AdSense earnings. However, I didn't see any evidence of this so I put it back in place after updating kunena up to 5 so I enabled the Tapatalk plug-in again. One of my regular users then told me that he was getting an error when he's tried to use Tapatalk on the forum. I've checked and I can't find anything wrong. Apart from disabling, and then enabling, I've made no other changes to the plug-in.

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago - 5 months 2 weeks ago #12 by makotosun
I’m using the Blue Eagle template and Kunena 5 on two forums and another in development. It works great on my iPhone 5 + 6

A couple of screenshots below:

The top menus would be more elegant if it were more condensed, but it works great.
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by makotosun.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #13 by Oscarfishlover
I think it depends on what your niche is to how many people are using mobile and how many people are using a desktop to access your forum. I think that if you are targeting a fairly young audience with let's say a hobbyist type website then the chances are most people are going to be sitting on the couch using a smartphone. However, if your website is more geared towards a professional then you may find they are accessing from a desktop. My website and forum is geared towards tropical fish keeping you in the last time I looked my mobile traffic took up nearly 80%. The desktop was way-way behind. In fact, I often look at Google analytics at the real-time to see who is on the website and is very rare that desktop is ahead of mobile. In fact, I often desktop even showing, everybody is on a mobile.

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #14 by makotosun
I used to use Tapatalk on my site and the problem was Kunena is about the last plugin they update, so about when I got things working, I would need to update Kunena, and all went to heck.

I purchased the Blue Eagle template which is my screenshot.. I also have a nice theme Fromm round theme which is a cleaner mobile layout, but I needed the blue eagle to have a couple features my folks needed.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds