Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please note: The Kunena project team takes NO responsibility for maintaining nor supporting anything in this category.

Question How to make Kunena 5 Crypsis template look like the K4 Blue Eagle template

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #1 by pintobuck
Many people considered the Blue Eagle template as very attractive, and lament its discontinuation in Kunena 5.

I propose that the K5 Crypsis template can be configured to look a lot like the Blue Eagle template. I'm no expert, but I will begin, and other people can correct and add on.

Perhaps the most distinctive feature of the Blue Eagle template was the background color on the Section category titles.

You can implement that by editing Crypsis Custom.less .

Edit Cyrpsis "Custom.less" by adding:

#kunena.layout h1 {font-size: 20px; background-color: #555555; color: #0000ff;}
/* Affects Section Category titles that are H1. Reduces H1 font size from 24px to 20px.
Adds background color grey. Changes H1 font color to #0000ff (blue), if it is not an anchor */

#kunena.layout h1 a {color: #ffffff;}
/* Changes color of Kunena H1 titles to white so the font will show up against the grey background color. The H1 titles are anchors. */

#kunena.layout h2 {font-size: 18px;}
/* reduces H2 font size from 22px to 18px */

#kunena.layout h3 a {color: #0000ff;}
/* Changes color of Kunena H3 category titles to #0000ff (blue). They are anchors. */

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Turn on Crypsis table cell borders. Go to:
Joomla back end / Components / Kunena / Templates / Crypsis / Basic Settings / Hide Table Borders. Change Yes to No.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Create the tabbed menu as seen above in the Kunena forum template.
(I have not done that.)

Menu Option #1
Create CSS to modify the look of the Crypsis menu.

Menu Option #2
Use Joomla extension swMenuFree. swMenuFree is a component with a control panel that lets you completely control the look of the menu.

Inside swMenuFree, select the Superfish menu system.

swMenuFree will also create a module to display the menu. You can use Joomla Module Manager to make the module, with the Kunena menu, appear only on forum pages.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by pintobuck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #2 by baijianpeng
Yes, the default template of Kunena 5.x is very ugly! All users on my forum want the "Blue Eagle" look on forum.

Could you please improve this new Crypsis template so that it will look "like" the old Blue Eagle style?

Thank you.

www.joomlagate.com/

Chinese Joomla Users' Portal

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #3 by Jacques56

pintobuck wrote:
You can implement that by editing Crypsis Custom.less .

Link with error 404

I copy crypsis template in a new directory so could it be possible to have more details to modify the original template ?

I didn't find any Custom.less file in existing template crypsis (/assets/less directory)
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Jacques56.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sebun

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #4 by Jacques56
In template.php we can find this line :

$filenameless = JPATH_SITE . '/components/com_kunena/template/crypsis/assets/less/custom.less';

but custom.less doesn't exist

So it is not lines to add to an existing file but lines to put in a new one file ?

If the copy of crypsis template is in a new directory, I think I have many references to change in many files because of a different place for this new template ?

Beginning by the new name of the template itself because now, I have two template with the same name in Joomla.

So it is not so easy to create a new template from crypsis to modify it.

More
7 years 5 months ago #5 by rich
Here are two custom.less files. I have tested the one file with Kunena and Joomla template Protostar and the other with Gantry template. Probably adjustments will be needed with other templates, but in principle it should work. Unzip one of the files and enter the content in the custom.less. But it will not blue_eagle, only similar. :)
Edit Less
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: AdRo

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #6 by Jacques56
Thanks for these files but I think there is two problems :

- My template was created with artisteers V4.2 (so not compatible with joomla template)
- I don't want kunena template modified with futurs updates of Kunena so I think it is better to add a new one custom template instead of modfying existing. New template, new name but created and modified from crypsis.

More
7 years 5 months ago #7 by cheyennemtnman
Just to chime in on the lack of template availability... I would like to know if there is any "template" for developing a 5.02 template. Seems to me there should be an open source approach to template development or a simple SDK for this.

More
7 years 5 months ago #8 by Tomzie
Hi there,

I am new to Kunena. Kunena 4 looks good but Kunena 5 is better in functions.
Kunena 5, Crypsis template just feels like a mess. I find it very hard to navigate between topics.

So I have customized the Crypsis template to look like the Blue Eagle template. I am getting very close to the Blue Eagle template layout.
Now I just want to create a new template folder, so in next updates the template would not change. After this is completed I will gladly contribute this template.

But it is not as easy as just duplicating the Crypsis folder, that just does not work.
So how to create a new template?

Thanks

More
7 years 5 months ago #9 by kgeary
Can't wait until you have it ready! huge thanks!

More
7 years 5 months ago #10 by Tomzie
Hello,

Almost there. Only working a few hours a week on it.

But I still do not know how to transform it to a new template. And it is a must. Otherwise you could not update Kunena without overwriting the template. Also once I have this figured out, I allows me to keep the template up-to-date with new Kunena releases.

Anyone knows how to create a new template folder?

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.375 seconds