Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Avoid showing e-mail to quests

More
3 years 10 months ago #1 by HanKortekaas
I am looking for the proper setting to avoid showing the e-mail address of registered persons to quests. I only found the setting to show e-mailadress of registerd persons yes\no.

Han

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Avoid showing e-mail to quests
You cannot display email addresses if a user does not want. This option is in the "Profile -> Forum Settings" and the user must allow this itself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HanKortekaas

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #3 by HanKortekaas
Thank you Rich,I thought there would be a global setting for all forum members.

I have set mine to display it to registered members only and find that iff I look under my 'more/less' button that the envelope is not shown.
Do I fail another setting?

Han
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by HanKortekaas.

More
3 years 10 months ago #4 by rich

Thank you Rich,I thought there would be a global setting for all forum members.

With the backend setting Show E-mail you can basically choose if the users may publish their addresses or not. But it would be a legal problem, when the administrator publishes user addresses without their consent.

I have set mine to display it to registered members only and find that iff I look under my 'more/less' button that the envelope is not shown.
Do I fail another setting?

If you set "Show only for registered users", you see the address only in the profile.

More
3 years 10 months ago #5 by HanKortekaas

rich wrote: If you set "Show only for registered users", you see the address only in the profile.

That I find is not a very smart setting. More over that there is no mouse-over on the envelope and many users- if they find the profile anyhow- have hardly an idea that one may copy/paste the email address.

I would love to see that both settings for the profile and button 'more/less' for the email works the same.

For the time being, is there code available to show under the profile the e-mail address like the website, so expand the envelope with the email address?

Han

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #6 by Bigbunny

HanKortekaas wrote:

rich wrote: If you set "Show only for registered users", you see the address only in the profile.

That I find is not a very smart setting. More over that there is no mouse-over on the envelope and many users- if they find the profile anyhow- have hardly an idea that one may copy/paste the email address.

I would love to see that both settings for the profile and button 'more/less' for the email works the same.

For the time being, is there code available to show under the profile the e-mail address like the website, so expand the envelope with the email address?

That is extremely dangerous and is illegal in the UK and most if not all of Europe. You cannot even write it into your terms and conditions. Registered users will have to explicitly allow it themselves. I would definitely recommend that this is not allowed in Kunena, or even Joomla. If this happened to me I would immediately tell the forum/site operator to stop and if they didn't here in the UK report to the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) who are able to take action against the site/forum operator.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Bigbunny.

More
3 years 10 months ago #7 by HanKortekaas
Bigbunny,
before you make comments you should carefully read what I would like. That is, with the consent of the registered user, where he decides to make his email address known in his profile to registered users only, that both the envelope under 'More/less' works the same as under his profile. So, without his consent and this setting no email is shown.
Now in case you don't understand this I will try it in another language.

I am a developer myself and know extactly my way about the rules and regulations. Regretfully I have no skills in PHP so I need the help of this forum.

Han

More
3 years 10 months ago #8 by Bigbunny
And what I am saying is the user should explicitly allow it themselves. That means that the site operator does not have the ability to allow the email address to be shown. There's always the possibility that a mistake is made and once an email address is released it will be out there. The only times you or I should get involved is if there is a problem to resolve it.

More
3 years 10 months ago #9 by HanKortekaas
Reread what I am saying.

Han

More
3 years 10 months ago #10 by rich

Registered users will have to explicitly allow it themselves.

With the backend setting Show E-mail = Yes (default setting is No) you can only basically choose if the users may publish their addresses or not. But allow and enable must the user it itself.

I would definitely recommend that this is not allowed in Kunena, or even Joomla.

Joomla and Kunena will used around the world and not all countries have the same rules. Also companies and clubs use this software for internal communication.
The Administrator must know, what is allowed in his country or his project.

So I think this explains everything and the discussion of "what is allowed and what not" can be terminated.

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds