Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question How can I permanently delete hundreads of spam posts?

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #1 by Kotsolis
In Kunena backend there is the option to "Trash messages" from a user.

My problem is that I have several spammers who have posted hundreads of spam posts. Kunena justs deleted them. I want them permanently deleted because as an admin I see dozens of pages which block me from seeing previous posts.

Look at this guy.

If there is no such option you must definitely add it in the backend, even with warning message, just to be sure!
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Kotsolis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #2 by rich

If there is no such option you must definitely add it in the backend, even with warning message, just to be sure!

Such an option already exists. Mark all posts or topics in the trash and click on "Purge items", then you will see the warning: These xxx items will be permanently deleted from your forum! Are you sure?

More
4 years 10 months ago #3 by Slacker
In Kunena administration Security tab can you enable Allow moderators to delete permanently. Then you can permanently delete as moderator from frontend.

More
4 years 10 months ago #4 by baijianpeng
On the "Trash Manager" backend page, the "numbers" dropdown did not offer "200" or "300", just "100" and "all". For my server, 100 is OK, but "all" will cause 500 error because of high usage of CPU. I think you can off numbers such as "200" and "300" or allow admin to manually input an number.

Thank you.

www.joomlagate.com/

Chinese Joomla Users' Portal

More
4 years 10 months ago #5 by rich
If you choose "All" then mark for delete only a limited part of the results by holding Shift button. Or delete it in the frontend. Create a second Kunena menu item "Recent Topics" and choose "Select View = Deleted Topics". This menu item listed all deleted topcs per chosen time period and you can delete permanently all marked topics.

More
4 years 10 months ago #6 by baijianpeng
All above suggested operations require many steps.
I have a better idea:
Create a new button named "Empty Trash" at backend trash manager page, after click on this button, there will ask again (confirm), then, If the admin choose "Yes", then Kunena will AUTOMATICALLY delete those messages in continuous steps with about only 50 items in each step, to avoid high CPU usage and crush. The website admin only needs to click twice : one for the button, and one for the confirmation button. Then Kunena will do everything else to completely empty the trash, no matter how many posts were stored in the trash.

What do you think about this idea?

www.joomlagate.com/

More
4 years 10 months ago #7 by rich
Yes, in principle you're right. There are to many steps for this option to do that if you have so many spam. But you can also prevent the problem by delete permanently all user posts during the ban. In the frontend "User -> tab New Ban" is this option available.
If you want, then create a topic for your sugestion here in this category please.

More
4 years 10 months ago #8 by baijianpeng
Yes, you are right. I had already tried the option "permanently delete all posts of this user" when creating a new ban. But, this operation resulted in 500 error because this spam user has more than 30,000 posts, so Kunena cannot move them to trash either delete them permanently. At the end, I have to delete those spam posts MANUALLY, in many steps, with only about 200 posts for each single batch.

How many hours this will cost me to completely clear those spam messages? You can imagine that.

www.joomlagate.com/

More
4 years 10 months ago #9 by Slacker

More
4 years 9 months ago #10 by rich
You don't need manipulations in the database, and this guide is already more than 5 years old. Go in the backend to Kunena -> Trash and purge the items.

Time to create page: 0.449 seconds