Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Kunena 2.04 install on Joomla 3.9 ?

More
5 years 4 months ago #1 by 72degrees
As part of a (long overdue I admit) migration from Joomla 1.5 to 3.0 my migration package advises installing Kunena 2.04 on Joomla 3.9.0 before upgrading to 5.x

On a fresh Joomla 3.9.0 installation ( with a new mySQL database) the Kunena 2.04 package seems to install and appears in the component menu, but will not open any configuration pages. Is 2.04 not compatible with Joomla 3.9 ?

All the basic Joomla tables have migrated OK. I've tried with the package installation first and then kunena tables and also tables to an 'empty' Joomla and then installation.

A Kunena 5 installation works fine but cannot read any migrated earlier fb- tables.

To make life even more difficult I also can't get the original Joomla 1.5 to upgrade Kunena from 1.5.13 to 2.04 either (as suggested) though that seems to be more of a Joomla installation problem and directory permissions to be fair.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #2 by rich
You can't install Kunena 2.0.4 on Joomla 3.9, it's not compatible. But it works also with Kunena 4.0.12 github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/releases/tag/4.0.12
Afterwards you can upgrade to K5.1

More
5 years 4 months ago #3 by 72degrees
Thanks for that .

My major problem has now been sorted. I needed to upgrade from Joomla 1.5.n to 1.5.25 before I could upgrade to Kunena 2.04 on the original site. A folder write error was preventing it. Seems my hosting provider changed the structure of customer folders some time after this Joomla installation was done. Re-setting the path to tmp allowed that to proceed.

I'll try Kunena 4.012 and hope the 2.04 table structure is compatible to migrate to that.

More
5 years 4 months ago #4 by rich

I'll try Kunena 4.012 and hope the 2.04 table structure is compatible to migrate to that.

If there are problems, you can go another way, when your migration tool did not change the Joomla user IDs. The same user IDs are important, so that the users can be assigned to the right Kunena messages.

1. Export all Kunena tables from the old Kunena database and import this tables in the new installation.
2. Adjust the prefix if it's not the same
3. Install Kunena 4.0.12 (Kunena recognices the old tables and migrated this tables to the new structure)

Hint: Joomla 1.5 has another user management as Joomla 3.9. Therefore you must after a migration adjust all category permissions manually, otherwise users have no access and can't see the categories.

More
5 years 4 months ago #5 by 72degrees
Thanks. I've got a Joomla 3.9.0/Kunena 4.0.12 site sort of working (all tables migrated first then Kunena installation). The user names appear to have synchronised OK (well my Supersuser and 'normal one have anyway) but I still need to copy across avatar .jpgs. Good heads up about category permissions, I will check. Getting there slowly though.

More
5 years 4 months ago #6 by 72degrees
Mostly sorted. The category permissions gotcha hint was much appreciated - thanks!

Some detective work and ingenuity was required to work out where to copy the old attachments to , which for my installation is now:
<site>/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/

Still trying to do the same for avatars but not bothered if I can't.

Only one real glitch in that user IDS 1100 and 1101 seem to have got mixed up so posts attributed to the wrong user name. I think I can sort that by hitting the tables direct but is there an entity relationship or schema map for Kunena 4 on-line anywhere? I can try to reverse engineer it but a crib sheet would be handy.

Next up UddeIM - I may be some time...

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #7 by rich
Are all messages between this both users upside reversed? Try again the synchronization from topics and users. Kunena uses the same user IDs from the Joomla table and assigns the messages.
But i think, the IDs had changed during the Joomla user migration. Compare the users IDs in the Joomla table *_users with the IDs from the old table.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by rich.

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #8 by 72degrees
Weirdly it is just this one user that has got mixed up - all the rest of nearly 700 have migrated perfectly.

I exported the database as .sql and imported/reverse engineered to a local version using MySQLWorkbench to have a dig around first..

In table Prefix_kunena_messages the userid was incorrect for the associated joomla id for the 20 messages involved. No idea how it happened during migration.

So I made a backup copy of the live database table and then did an SQL update to set the correct userid. That has mostly sorted it and the user is now correctly attributed in threads, and a profile link retrieves all their posts OK. I just have to correct the posts count and last post link now.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by 72degrees.

More
5 years 4 months ago #9 by 72degrees
Oh and one other thing that may be a migration issue or even a code bug?. On paging through posts, clicking on page 1 (and only page one) returns a varnish server error.
So: http://<Site>index.php/forum-1/8-nordwest-a-rc600?start=%1$d
Returns:
Error 503 VCL failed
VCL failed

Guru Meditation:
XID: 134710013

I have raised it with my hosting platform one.com but no response yet.
Interestingly if you edit that URL to:
http://<Site>/index.php/forum-1/8-nordwest-a-rc600?start=1
It works perfectly - all other page button URLs have 'hard' start numbers (in increments of 20 as configured) and also work perfectly.
Not bad enough to warrant redoing the migration though.

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #10 by rich
You have now Kunena 4.0.12? That's only a transition solution during the migration. Kunena 4.0.12 is not full compatible with Joomla 3.9.
And maybe are some menu items now wrong, see this topic please: www.kunena.org/forum/k5-1-support/151266...u-post-your-question
Many created menu items that worked earlier must now be corrected.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by rich.

Time to create page: 0.526 seconds