Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved After upgrade from 5.1.3 to 5.1.4 many things are broken!!!

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #1 by webmasterinaffitto
Hi,
I've just update the forum to 5.1.4 and:

1) the avatar of users at the right of any discussion are HUGE!!!
2) I have some sections and forums... now they are shuffle! The name of a section is above the forums of another section... it's not possible to understant nothing anymore... even if I've tried to change the order into back end ( but there are as I've creted them) nothing change in front end...

Pls can you check and help me?

PS The problem seems to be only with template: Crypsis
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by webmasterinaffitto.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #2 by rich
I'm sorry, but can't reproduce this error. When we can't see the error on your page, it's not possible to help.

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #3 by Slacker
After my upgrade to 5.1.4 I lost bootstrap, so the forum did not show up nice. I had Beez3 template so in its setting I added bootstrap support to com_kunena (Advamced settings). I had also to in Crypsis setting Icon type: change to Fontawesom. Then it works but the forum loaded slow. I had to disable bootstrap in Crypsis Advanced Load bootstrap CSS from Yes to NO.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Slacker.

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #4 by rich
Yes, I confirm this issue. The bootstrap.css will not loaded also when is the setting Load bootstrap css = yes.
Solution:
Open the template.php, path is /components/com_kunena/template/crypsis/template.php

Change the lines 87-89
from
Code:
$this->addStyleSheet(Uri::base(true) . '/media/jui/css/bootstrap.min.css'); $this->addStyleSheet(Uri::base(true) . '/media/jui/css/bootstrap-extended.css'); $this->addStyleSheet(Uri::base(true) . '/media/jui/css/bootstrap-responsive.min.css');
to
Code:
$doc = JFactory::getDocument(); $doc->addStyleSheet(Uri::base(true) . '/media/jui/css/bootstrap.min.css'); $doc->addStyleSheet(Uri::base(true) . '/media/jui/css/bootstrap-extended.css'); $doc->addStyleSheet(Uri::base(true) . '/media/jui/css/bootstrap-responsive.min.css');

That should solves this problem.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by rich.

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #5 by Slacker
I tried it for PHP 7.1,15 and I got this error and could not access forum in front end:
#0 Call to a member function addStyleSheet() on null
Its when Bootstrap Yes, when Bootstrap No no error.

I looked in error logs of Xampp:
[Wed Sep 26 17:10:48.777637 2018] [php7:notice] [pid 10960:tid 1932] [client ::1:53563] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: doc in C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\John\\components\\com_kunena\\template\\crypsis\\template.php on line 87,
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Slacker.

More
5 years 6 months ago #6 by rich
@Slacker
Please create a new topic. The error message has nothing to do with the bootstrap.css

More
5 years 6 months ago #7 by Slacker
The error messages were caused by the changes you suggested in template.php, so it is not a new topic.

More
5 years 6 months ago #8 by 810
Should be:
Code:
$doc = JFactory::getDocument(); $doc->addStyleSheet(Uri::base(true) . '/media/jui/css/bootstrap.min.css'); $doc->addStyleSheet(Uri::base(true) . '/media/jui/css/bootstrap-extended.css'); $doc->addStyleSheet(Uri::base(true) . '/media/jui/css/bootstrap-responsive.min.css');

More
5 years 6 months ago #9 by rich
I'm sorry, it was my mistake. I had tested this fix and then only copied this three lines directly from the file. I've edited the message above now.

More
5 years 5 months ago #10 by Slacker
Thanks! i have tested it on my live site for some hours now and it seems to work OK with Bootstrap Yes. After the Kunena upgrade CPU and memory consumtion has increased and I now looking for a change back to normal with earlier settings.

Time to create page: 0.401 seconds