Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question How to disable some of the social tabs on user edit profile?

More
6 years 5 months ago #1 by lusidjudjeto
I'd like to disable some of the social tabs (not all but just a few of my choice) when user edit his profile?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #2 by rich
I think, you find this in "/components/com_kunena/controller/user/edit/profile/display.php"

More
6 years 5 months ago #3 by lusidjudjeto
I remove unwanted social links from that file but still in 'edit user profile' all social tabs appear !

More
6 years 5 months ago #4 by WolfgangOWL
I would appreciate if the social tabs that can be used could be configured in the backend in a future Kunena version.

More
6 years 5 months ago #5 by rich

I remove unwanted social links from that file but still in 'edit user profile' all social tabs appear !

Ah.. ok. This removes only the options in the Profile information setting.

Here you can remove the social symbols along with the links:
"components/com_kunena/template/crypsis/layouts/user/item/social/default.php"

But it's better if you create a template override. docs.kunena.org/en/faq/template-overrides

@Wolfgang
You're right, it would be better. I'm not sure, but think it's planned.

More
6 years 5 months ago #6 by lusidjudjeto
Sir, I mean I succeed to remove the some social icons from default.php and works fine.
But when I clean unwanted from /components/com_kunena/controller/user/edit/profile/display.php the tabs to be filled when user edit his profile are still there. The cache is cleaned. Perhaps other file contain those social tabs?

More
6 years 5 months ago #7 by rich
I'm sorry, but I don't know what you mean. In "/components/com_kunena/controller/user/edit/profile/display.php" you can disable the options to fill the fields. As you can see, here is only Facebook and Twitter allowed.

In "components/com_kunena/template/crypsis/layouts/user/item/social/default.php" you can disable already existing social icons.

Attachments:

More
6 years 5 months ago #8 by lusidjudjeto
Thats what I exactly need is on your picture - to have only facebook and twitter.
I open "/components/com_kunena/controller/user/edit/profile/display.php" and erase the other social tabs as I show you on my pic then clear cache but that do not delete the social tabs in profile information for me. I will look around to see what i amd going wrong.Thank you anyway
Attachments:

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #9 by rich

I will look around to see what i amd going wrong.

The change on your image is ok.
Kunena is cached in
/cache
/media/kunena/cache
If you have enabled css optimize, it is possible, that optimized css files are cached either in your Joomla template or optimize tool. Or maybe you need also empty the browser cache.

I've added the display.php as zip file, so you can compare.
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by rich.

More
5 years 7 months ago #10 by Pinkeltje
This has apparently changed in Kunena 5.1.3. File is different. Any idea on how to solve this now?
/components/com_kunena/controller/user/edit/profile/default.php
Code:
<?php /** * Kunena Component * @package Kunena.Site * @subpackage Controller.User * * @copyright Copyright (C) 2008 - 2018 Kunena Team. All rights reserved. * @license https://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html GNU/GPL * @link https://www.kunena.org **/ defined('_JEXEC') or die; use Joomla\CMS\Factory; use Joomla\CMS\HTML\HTMLHelper; use Joomla\CMS\Language\Text; /** * Class ComponentKunenaControllerUserEditProfileDisplay * * @since K4.0 */ class ComponentKunenaControllerUserEditProfileDisplay extends ComponentKunenaControllerUserEditDisplay { /** * @var string * @since Kunena */ protected $name = 'User/Edit/Profile'; /** * Prepare profile form items. * * @return void * @throws Exception * @throws null * @since Kunena */ protected function before() { parent::before(); $bd = $this->profile->birthdate ? explode("-", $this->profile->birthdate) : array(); if (count($bd) == 3) { $this->birthdate["year"] = $bd[0]; $this->birthdate["month"] = $bd[1]; $this->birthdate["day"] = $bd[2]; } $this->genders[] = HTMLHelper::_('select.option', '0', Text::_('COM_KUNENA_MYPROFILE_GENDER_UNKNOWN')); $this->genders[] = HTMLHelper::_('select.option', '1', Text::_('COM_KUNENA_MYPROFILE_GENDER_MALE')); $this->genders[] = HTMLHelper::_('select.option', '2', Text::_('COM_KUNENA_MYPROFILE_GENDER_FEMALE')); $config = KunenaConfig::getInstance(); if ($config->social) { $this->social = $this->profile->socialButtons(); $this->social = Joomla\Utilities\ArrayHelper::toObject($this->social); } else { $this->social = null; } $this->headerText = Text::_('COM_KUNENA_PROFILE_EDIT_PROFILE_TITLE'); } /** * Prepare document. * * @return void * @throws Exception * @since Kunena */ protected function prepareDocument() { $app = Factory::getApplication(); $menu_item = $app->getMenu()->getActive(); if ($menu_item) { $params = $menu_item->params; $params_title = $params->get('page_title'); $params_keywords = $params->get('menu-meta_keywords'); $params_description = $params->get('menu-meta_description'); if (!empty($params_title)) { $title = $params->get('page_title'); $this->setTitle($title); } else { $this->setTitle($this->headerText); } if (!empty($params_keywords)) { $keywords = $params->get('menu-meta_keywords'); $this->setKeywords($keywords); } else { $this->setKeywords($this->headerText); } if (!empty($params_description)) { $description = $params->get('menu-meta_description'); $this->setDescription($description); } else { $this->setDescription($this->headerText); } } } }

Time to create page: 0.632 seconds