Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged Last post date "42 years ago" - access denied to topic - database errors

More
11 years 8 months ago #1 by foxter
In my forum there is new Topic which has 42 years. If I clicked on him,an error occurs "Access Denied".

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
I don't know how we can fix this problem for you. Use a database tool (like phpMyAdmin), locate the particular message - it looks like you have one record in your database that is inconsistent with other records in the kunena_messages table; probably a one-time database corruption.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 8 months ago #3 by Matias
Looks like you've had database error when someone created that topic. Can you delete the topic from category by selecting it from there?

More
11 years 7 months ago #4 by kdawe
I am running Joomla 2.5.6 and Kunena 2.0.1

A few posts have suddenly appeared with no username associated with them, 1 as a double post - the second can be accesssed ok. When clicking on the post it says "You do not have access to this page" even though I am an admin in Joomla and Kunena. Bizarrely all of theses post show as topic started 42 years and 7 months ago. You cannot move or delete the posts either.

For example see www.earthrealm.co.uk/index.php/earthreal...ors-and-support-team

Any ideas what is going on here and how do I get rid of these posts?

More
11 years 5 months ago #5 by marfisk
We're having the same issue with Joomla 2.5.7 and Kunena 2.0.2.

In the database, all fields after the title are default or null, and the post is listed twice.

Both display the Access Denied
You do not have permissions to access this page. error when clicked.

Any thoughts?

More
11 years 5 months ago #6 by ruud
Hi,
I have the same behavior when Kunena Discus generates a topic. It is not always the case, not sure how to pin point.
What I do to solve is dive into phpmyadmin and manually change the timestap from 0 to a real one in the topic database entry.

regards,
Ruud.

sharing = caring

More
11 years 5 months ago #7 by marfisk
Here's what's in the database:

INSERT INTO `fmj_kunena_topics` (`id`, `category_id`, `subject`, `icon_id`, `locked`, `hold`, `ordering`, `posts`, `hits`, `attachments`, `poll_id`, `moved_id`, `first_post_id`, `first_post_time`, `first_post_userid`, `first_post_message`, `first_post_guest_name`, `last_post_id`, `last_post_time`, `last_post_userid`, `last_post_message`, `last_post_guest_name`, `params`) VALUES
(200, 41, '2012 Sunday Night Transcripts', 4, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, NULL, NULL, 0, 0, 0, NULL, NULL, ''),
(201, 41, '2012 Sunday Night Transcripts', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, NULL, NULL, 0, 0, 0, NULL, NULL, '')

Even with changing the date, the message is missing.

I went through the apache logs and found these POST calls from the specific user. The first set was successful (create, then the topic name), but the second set shows two creates instead of the second filename. The fifth is her using the contact us to send the admins a message about the false record. Though there is no Post with the name, but rather a second topic/create, it should not have saved anything. Instead, it saved the above. There are no messages in the Apache error log that indicate a problem in that timeframe. And nothing in the PHP error log either.

17/Oct/2012:19:04:42 -0700 "POST |PATH|/index.php/forum HTTP/1.1" 303 310 "|HTTP_Path|/index.php/forum/think-tank-archives/topic/create" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0)"
17/Oct/2012:19:05:50 -0700 "POST |PATH|/index.php/forum HTTP/1.1" 303 310 "|HTTP_Path|/index.php/forum/think-tank-archives/199-2012-friday-night-transcripts" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0)"
17/Oct/2012:19:06:34 -0700 "POST |PATH|/index.php/forum HTTP/1.1" 303 285 "|HTTP_Path|/index.php/forum/think-tank-archives/topic/create" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0)"
17/Oct/2012:19:08:17 -0700 "POST |PATH|/index.php/forum HTTP/1.1" 303 285 "|HTTP_Path|/index.php/forum/think-tank-archives/topic/create" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0)"
17/Oct/2012:19:12:07 -0700 "POST |PATH|/index.php/contact-us HTTP/1.1" 303 283 "|HTTP_Path|/index.php/contact-us" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0)"

More
11 years 5 months ago #8 by ozneilau

Matias wrote: Looks like you've had database error when someone created that topic. Can you delete the topic from category by selecting it from there?

That's what I thought when it happened on a website I look after. I deleted the entries but now they are back.

It's happening in the Kunena forums too at www.kunena.org/forum/K-2-0-General-Questions?start=270 (see attached image).

It's also happening to many other websites. Too many to put this down to database corruption:

www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&as_q=kunena&as_epq=42+years

I am using Joomla 2.5.7 and Kunena 2.0.2 and sh404SEF.

Neil.
Attachments:

More
11 years 5 months ago #9 by ozneilau
I have the same issue with Joomla 2.5.7/Kunena 2.0.2/sh404SEF.

As per the post at www.kunena.org/forum/K-2-0-Support/12382...access-denied#135229 this is happening in these Kunena forums and on many other websites too (do a search in Google on Kunena and 42 years).

I don't think it's database corruption.

Neil.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #10 by sozzled

ozneilau wrote: It's happening in the Kunena forums too at www.kunena.org/forum/K-2-0-General-Questions?start=270 (see attached image).

There's a database issue (referential integrity) here in the quoted example. Occasionally we see these issues in a non-transactional database - MYSQL is an example of a non-transanctional database - as well as when there are latency issues or simply because there's some data element that fails to validate properly. These things happen, sometimes without rhyme or reason..

The question is, how to you fix them (and, just as importantly, are these issues important enough to be worth the cost of fixing them)? You fix problems like these by looking into the database. You fix them by correcting the "bad" data, or reinstate referential integrity - create missing records or delete existing records, as may be the requirement.

Why do these things happen on websites? Is the source of these errors solely attributable to Kunena? Can we all agree which is the best beer in the world? These are questions that I do not think we will always find the answers to or, even if we find the answers, will everyone agree with them. :)

What is significant about a date that is some "42 years ago"? The date, 1 January 1970, is represented in MySQL with the value of zero. In other words, if you look at the database records where these symptoms appear, you will find that some data columns are missing "meaningful" data. I hope that helps.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.536 seconds