Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged I want to change where it says "Kunena Forum" in the Kunena Search plugin for Joomla

More
11 years 9 months ago #1 by nino59
I would like to know where can I modify the label of Kunena joomla search plugin?

Have a look at screenshot.

THanks
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Smokey4life

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #2 by John
You can change that in one of the translation files....still trying to figure out how to find the right file :dry:

Edit: Can't find the right file...anyone can point us in the right direction. I think this should be changed in the original files as well. Forum would be a more appropriate description.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by John.

More
11 years 9 months ago #3 by John
Can any of the moderators or devvs point us to the string where this can be translated? I spend 2,5 hours trying to find this string... :(

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #4 by Mortti
It's use COM_KUNENA string...
Code:
//Then define a function to return an array of search areas. function &plgSearchKunenaAreas() { static $areas = array(); if (empty($areas)) { $areas['kunena'] = JText::_('COM_KUNENA'); } return $areas; }
That line is at least in component language files admin/xx-XX.com_kunena.menu.ini and admin/xx-XX.com_kunena.sys.ini
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Mortti.

More
11 years 9 months ago #5 by nino59
Thank you.
I downloaded administrator/com_kunena, components/com_kunena, plugins/kunena and I searched for "COM_KUNENA" and I searched for "Kunena forum"
and I didn't find where to change this COM_KUNENA string

Would you please tell me exactly where can I find it?

Thank you

More
11 years 9 months ago #6 by Mortti
As I said before, it's in component language files, what that plugin call with "COM_KUNENA".

NOTE:
Code:
COM_KUNENA="Kunena Forum"
is Official by the Developers! And it present couple of places in your system.

If you want change that text, it should work something like this in English(not other languages)... (at least in J! 2.5.6 and Kunena 2.0.1)

If you are using English language, I think you can find that file in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/administrator/components/com_kunena/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_kunena.sys.ini (for other language path is administrator/language/xx-XX/that file...

See my quick test: screencast.com/t/x0prg9EWx

Remember: I don't suggest you do that...

More
11 years 9 months ago #7 by John
Ok, when you change that string it also changes the credits in the footer.

But in it makes no sense for a visitor that he sees:

"Only search in Kunena Forum"

Nice to know for administrators but it only confuses visitors. Please make a separate string for this search option.

More
11 years 9 months ago #8 by sozzled

John wrote: Please make a separate string for this search option.

Good idea :)

More
11 years 9 months ago #9 by Mortti
I think we try our best always, the development team will work always (the real problems), and that is why little things like this are unforgettable...

We need first to know what dev team think of this... and is there the need to change.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John

More
11 years 9 months ago #10 by John
This is just a minor problem, but it can be improved. So no need to give this top priority, just put it on the bottom of the to do list :)

Time to create page: 0.568 seconds