Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important Kunena Discuss 2.0.1: Guests cannot be the first ones to make a comment on an article

More
11 years 9 months ago #1 by proterra
my config: guest can write comments over the reCaptcha function

If there a Discussion under a Article everything is fine:
- Captcha runs and the comment is publish

But if there no discussion under the article the discuss plugin didn´t work:
- after fill out the captcha the guest get a blank site. After refresh the screen there is the message that, the captcha code is wrong. But it was right. test it round 50 times
- if I deactivate the captcha-security the guest get the same result. He can fill out the form, but after send there came a blank screen an nothing is published
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 9 months ago #2 by willey
its good to know and thanks for sharing it.

SSL provide the strongest protection, greatest flexibilty
More
11 years 8 months ago #3 by proterra

proterra wrote: my config: guest can write comments over the reCaptcha function

If there a Discussion under a Article everything is fine:
- Captcha runs and the comment is publish

But if there no discussion under the article the discuss plugin didn´t work:
- after fill out the captcha the guest get a blank site. After refresh the screen there is the message that, the captcha code is wrong. But it was right. test it round 50 times
- if I deactivate the captcha-security the guest get the same result. He can fill out the form, but after send there came a blank screen an nothing is published

Any fixes there?
More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
Let me see if I understand the question.

The problem happens if you allow guests to write on your forum. If you use CAPTCHA then guests cannot write on your forum, and it doesn't matter whether they get the CAPTCHA code correct or not. No-one can use the Kunena Discuss feature if you allow guests to write on your forum with CAPTCHA enabled. Is that correct?

If you allow guests to write on your forum but you do not use CAPTCHA, then anyone can write on your forum. Is that correct?

It looks like you have not entered set up the CAPTCHA on your system.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by sozzled.
More
11 years 8 months ago #5 by proterra

sozzled wrote: Let me see if I understand the question.

The problem happens if you allow guests to write on your forum. If you use CAPTCHA then guests cannot write on your forum, and it doesn't matter whether they get the CAPTCHA code correct or not. No-one can use the Kunena Discuss feature if you allow guests to write on your forum with CAPTCHA enabled. Is that correct?

If you allow guests to write on your forum but you do not use CAPTCHA, then anyone can write on your forum. Is that correct?

It looks like you have not entered set up the CAPTCHA on your system.

No that isn´t the problem.
I have entered set up Captcha on the system.

The problem is following:

1. If a discussion is starting by registered users and some comments under a article or in the board everything runs: Guests can post comments with use the captcha. The Comments are display and the captcha runs

2. If there a article with no comments and the guest will start the discussion nothing happens. He fill out the forms and the captcha but get a blank site an after refresh the failure message
More
11 years 7 months ago #6 by proterra
New version, but problem still there: Guests cannot be the first ones to make a comment on an article
More
11 years 7 months ago #7 by nemmar
Hi,

Yes, I have the same problem. I have Kunena 2.0.2 setup to allow guests to post in Discuss at the end of articles but their posts don't show up.

Is this something the developers are working on since I've seen some threads with this same issue?

Any idea when they might have a fix for this?

Thanks.
More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #8 by OldLodgeSkins
Hi all,

I've got the same problem on a brand new installation - not an upgrade - J!2.57.
I got this out of my httpd error_log, I thought it could help:
Code:
[Thu Sep 27 23:05:09 2012] [error] [client 192.168.0.1] PHP 7. ContentController->display() /var/www/htdocs/joomlademo/libraries/joomla/application/component/controller.php:761, referer: http://192.168.0.1/joomlademo/services/services-for-companies [Thu Sep 27 23:05:09 2012] [error] [client 192.168.0.1] PHP 8. JController->display() /var/www/htdocs/joomlademo/components/com_content/controller.php:74, referer: http://192.168.0.1/joomlademo/services/services-for-companies [Thu Sep 27 23:05:09 2012] [error] [client 192.168.0.1] PHP 9. ContentViewArticle->display() /var/www/htdocs/joomlademo/libraries/joomla/application/component/controller.php:722, referer: http://192.168.0.1/joomlademo/services/services-for-companies [Thu Sep 27 23:05:09 2012] [error] [client 192.168.0.1] PHP 10. JDispatcher->trigger() /var/www/htdocs/joomlademo/components/com_content/views/article/view.html.php:129, referer: http://192.168.0.1/joomlademo/services/services-for-companies [Thu Sep 27 23:05:09 2012] [error] [client 192.168.0.1] PHP 11. JEvent->update() /var/www/htdocs/joomlademo/libraries/joomla/event/dispatcher.php:161, referer: http://192.168.0.1/joomlademo/services/services-for-companies [Thu Sep 27 23:05:09 2012] [error] [client 192.168.0.1] PHP 12. call_user_func_array() /var/www/htdocs/joomlademo/libraries/joomla/event/event.php:71, referer: http://192.168.0.1/joomlademo/services/services-for-companies [Thu Sep 27 23:05:09 2012] [error] [client 192.168.0.1] PHP 13. plgContentKunenaDiscuss->onContentBeforeDisplay() /var/www/htdocs/joomlademo/libraries/joomla/event/event.php:0, referer: http://192.168.0.1/joomlademo/services/services-for-companies [Thu Sep 27 23:05:09 2012] [error] [client 192.168.0.1] PHP 14. plgContentKunenaDiscuss->prepare() /var/www/htdocs/joomlademo/plugins/content/kunenadiscuss/kunenadiscuss.php:122, referer: http://192.168.0.1/joomlademo/services/services-for-companies [Thu Sep 27 23:05:09 2012] [error] [client 192.168.0.1] PHP 15. plgContentKunenaDiscuss->showPlugin() /var/www/htdocs/joomlademo/plugins/content/kunenadiscuss/kunenadiscuss.php:254, referer: http://192.168.0.1/joomlademo/services/services-for-companies [Thu Sep 27 23:05:09 2012] [error] [client 192.168.0.1] PHP 16. plgContentKunenaDiscuss->replyTopic() /var/www/htdocs/joomlademo/plugins/content/kunenadiscuss/kunenadiscuss.php:403, referer: http://192.168.0.1/joomlademo/services/services-for-companies

The debut output from Discuss says this - on the blank page:
Code:
[KunenaDiscuss debug: Constructor called in com_content ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent.Allow: Category 8 was listed in allow list and is using default Kunena category 4 ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: we are in article/ page. ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: Article 2 ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: Custom Topics disabled ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: No topic found ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Let's see what we can do.. ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Guest can post: this feature doesn't work well if Joomla caching or Cache Plugin is enabled! ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Reply topic! ] [KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Create topic! ]

I've checked and as far as I know I have all Joomla cache functions disabled.

This is what happened precisely at the time I tried to post - I checked the log just before that and there had not been any error for 5 minutes.

Hope this helps.

Seb.

Edit: here's my configuration report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 30M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : dprop3 | author: | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2012-09-27

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.2 | creationdate: 2012-09-02

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.2 | 2012-09-02 [ Botschafter ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.2 | Kunena Stats 2.0.2 | Kunena Login 2.0.2 | Kunena Search 2.0.2

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by OldLodgeSkins.
More
11 years 6 months ago #9 by OldLodgeSkins
Update: after adding php_flag display_errors On in my .htacess, this comes up:
Code:
Fatal error: Call to a member function newReply() on a non-object in /var/www/htdocs/joomlademo/plugins/content/kunenadiscuss/kunenadiscuss.php on line 561 Call Stack: 0.0002 325448 1. {main}() /var/www/htdocs/joomlademo/index.php:0 0.0827 6027220 2. JSite->dispatch() /var/www/htdocs/joomlademo/index.php:42 0.0898 6349028 3. JComponentHelper::renderComponent() /var/www/htdocs/joomlademo/includes/application.php:197 0.0945 6401636 4. JComponentHelper::executeComponent() /var/www/htdocs/joomlademo/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php:351 0.0946 6447352 5. require_once('/var/www/htdocs/joomlademo/components/com_content/content.php') /var/www/htdocs/joomlademo/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php:383 0.0994 6822980 6. JController->execute() /var/www/htdocs/joomlademo/components/com_content/content.php:16 0.0994 6823024 7. ContentController->display() /var/www/htdocs/joomlademo/libraries/joomla/application/component/controller.php:761 0.1060 7407036 8. JController->display() /var/www/htdocs/joomlademo/components/com_content/controller.php:74 0.1100 7726212 9. ContentViewArticle->display() /var/www/htdocs/joomlademo/libraries/joomla/application/component/controller.php:722 0.1772 10675416 10. JDispatcher->trigger() /var/www/htdocs/joomlademo/components/com_content/views/article/view.html.php:129 0.1772 10675936 11. JEvent->update() /var/www/htdocs/joomlademo/libraries/joomla/event/dispatcher.php:161 0.1772 10676408 12. call_user_func_array() /var/www/htdocs/joomlademo/libraries/joomla/event/event.php:71 0.1772 10676432 13. plgContentKunenaDiscuss->onContentBeforeDisplay() /var/www/htdocs/joomlademo/libraries/joomla/event/event.php:0 0.1773 10676432 14. plgContentKunenaDiscuss->prepare() /var/www/htdocs/joomlademo/plugins/content/kunenadiscuss/kunenadiscuss.php:122 0.1779 10676920 15. plgContentKunenaDiscuss->showPlugin() /var/www/htdocs/joomlademo/plugins/content/kunenadiscuss/kunenadiscuss.php:254 0.2075 12176600 16. plgContentKunenaDiscuss->replyTopic() /var/www/htdocs/joomlademo/plugins/content/kunenadiscuss/kunenadiscuss.php:403
More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #10 by OldLodgeSkins
Ok, I'm trying to track it, but this goes way beyond my skills... Still:

/var/www/htdocs/joomlademo/plugins/content/kunenadiscuss/kunenadiscuss.php on line 561:
Code:
$message = $topic->newReply($params);

This lead me in the same file to line 305:
Code:
$topic = KunenaForumTopicHelper::get($id);

So, $topic is an object of class KunenaForumTopicHelper which is defined in administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/forum/topic/helper.php but does not contain a function newReply. I'm guessing this is where the problem is.

A function by that name is declared in administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/forum/topic/topic.php but is part of the class KunenaForumTopic which extends KunenaDatabaseObject - so if I understand this correctly we're looking for that function in the wrong class. I'm still not sure how to solve the problem but I believe I have at least found it... Right?

Seb.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by OldLodgeSkins.
Time to create page: 0.441 seconds